• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pro35 Evolution : Cricket's Newest Format

Do u like this format ?

• Total voters

Debris

International 12th Man
They should have games with random number of overs. You pick teams and then spin a bat or something to determine number of overs (10 to 60) :D

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How about Pro 32 - 32 overs long because 30 overs isn't enough for a batsman to score 170 runs plus and 35 overs is too long. There will be mandatory left arm round the wicket bowling for 7 overs of the game because this is a dieing art form and needs to be promoted. Teams will have to have a minimum of three top order batsman who are left handed because left handers are more graceful and this will attract more fans to the matches.
Preceeding each match will be 4-5 months of marketing to maximise attendance levels.:ph34r:

Last edited:

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
Ever since I was a kid I watched test matches and 50 over ODI's and enjoyed them.

But thank god Twenty20 came along and showed me that I was being delusional and that international cricket's previous 120 odd years was all wrong and that everything had to change.

I think we need to introduced 30 over ODI. Then we can have Twenty20, Thirty30, Pro35, Fourty40 and the prehistoric 50 over cricket.

And then we can start on odd numbers. Twenty-One/21. Twenty-three/23 etc.

And we can have world cups every year for all of them.

Edit: I hope the BCCI doesn;t read this post. It might give them ideas.

Last edited:

Galactus

Banned
dont know it will work or not but it should be trialled

spinplay will really help to shorten the duration of the match
it may also benefit the associate nations and make matches more closely fought

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Either

a) Anyone who bumps one of these threads gets banned or

b) He was patroclus/Hrthnik in disguise.

I think b) is more likely - and I am wondering when the next incarnation of this person will be along.

The future of One Day International (ODI) cricket seems to be very uncertain. The effects of Twenty20 cricket (a.k.a Pro20 or T20) seem to be having a negative influence on the ODI game. Cricket Australia has said that the 2015 Cricket World Cup scheduled for Australia is not marketable. The England Cricket Board has scarped their domestic 50-over competition and replaced it with a 40-over game, while in South Africa we play a 45 over game in the MTN Domestic Championships.

Some people have suggested that the ODI game be split into two innings of 25 overs. I think this is a terrible idea; we’re just going to land up with two Twenty20 games in one.

There is simply too much Twenty20 cricket on the go, this year we’ve watched our domestic Twenty20 competition (the Standard Bank Pro20), the Indian Premier League (IPL), the ICC World Twenty20, and we’ll soon watch the Champions League and a few Twenty20 Internationals. That simply is more that a cricket enthusiast can absorb. I do believe there is a place for Twenty20 cricket, it should be use to grow the game and be used as an exhibition, the IPL, Champions league and world cups should be played where cricket is young and needs to be developed.

I have been watching cricket for about twenty years now, and I am a purest at heart. If we allow Twenty20 cricket to impact the ODI game, then it will surely have an impact on the format of test cricket, and we simply cannot allow that to happen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How about Pro 32 - 32 overs long because 30 overs isn't enough for a batsman to score 170 runs plus and 35 overs is too long. There will be mandatory left arm round the wicket bowling for 7 overs of the game because this is a dieing art form and needs to be promoted. Teams will have to have a minimum of three top order batsman who are left handed because left handers are more graceful and this will attract more fans to the matches.
Preceeding each match will be 4-5 months of marketing to maximise attendance levels.:ph34r:
If you really want to follow the visionary, reduce the mandatory left-arm-around-the-wicket-spin-play to 5 overs and be accomodating........ :ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should have games with random number of overs. You pick teams and then spin a bat or something to determine number of overs (10 to 60) :D
They should spin that bottle twice imo.

Personally don't see why the two teams need to face the same number of overs.

Imagine how good it would be for PNG to get, say, 60 overs, Australia get 10. That could do amazing things for the game tbh..

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
The thing that the ICC need to look at more to spread cricket around the world is introduce the "My dad could beat up your dad" argument. Then we'll see who would take it out between PNG and England. Hands down.