• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Good is Tamim?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wthout a doubt he's Test Class.

I reckon Tamim could be to Bangladeshi batsmanship what Da Silva was to Sri Lanka.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rasel could be Vaas if he could crank it up above 115km/hr every so often.
I think they need to decide on 2 or 3 pace bowlers and stick with them for 4 or 5 tests as chopping and changing all the time doesn't help.Whether Rasel is one of them i don't know but they need to find some sort of pattern to their selections as at present it is almost a case of pick them out of a hat and hope it works.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shafiul has a lot of raw potential, could see him average 34-36 at Test level. Sure that isn't exactly the best in the world but its still very handy.

Shakib while no Murali or Warne is going to be one of the best spinners of this generation. Somewhere between Harby and Vettori with the ball I'd say. Can bat as well which is handy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shafiul has a lot of raw potential, could see him average 34-36 at Test level. Sure that isn't exactly the best in the world but its still very handy.

Shakib while no Murali or Warne is going to be one of the best spinners of this generation. Somewhere between Harby and Vettori with the ball I'd say. Can bat as well which is handy.
Yeah agree on Shafiul; definitely one they need to stick to for a while. We both called it before his last game when everyone got on the bandwagon too... :p

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I like the look of Shafiul, I've liked him ever since I saw him in NZ.

Congrats again to Tamim, awesome series!

Basically I agree with Athlai (like usual with Bangladesh matters).

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've been lauding Tamim since 08 as well. Biggest call so far on CW.

Anyway
Tamim (set this in stone)
Kayes (combination is working and thats important)
Siddique
----------- (Nafees?)
Jahurul (deserves another series IMO)
Mahmudallah (bat him at 6)
Shakib (bat him at 7)
Rahim (bat him at 8)
Shafiul
Shahadat/Rasel
Rubel/Razzak

Can see Rahim becoming a captaincy possibility. I love Shakib al Awesome but being your teams 2nd/3rd best bat and easily best bowler, mixed with his relative dire choices at times. Just reckon Shakib is 5 or more years away from developing into a captain while I think Rahim is the next best choice.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any chance of a recall for Raqibul Hasan? I have no idea if he is actually any good but he seemd in their plans before his little retirement debacle.

Agree with Shakib dropping down a bit if he is going to play in the way that he has been, takes a bit of pressure off as well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Totally forgot about Raqibul! Yeah he should be coming back soon, threw his toys but should still be back within the year. Could average 35ish.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
----------- (Nafees?)
Nafees hasn't really proven himself lately and new blood would be better. There's others like Shuvagoto Hom, Faisal Hossain and Nazimuddan.

Jahurul (deserves another series IMO)
Could be a talent. Can't be harsh on his debut series.

Mahmudallah (bat him at 6)
Shakib (bat him at 7)
Rahim (bat him at 8)
Absolutely. In fact it should be a no brainer.

Shafiul
Shahadat/Rasel
Rubel/Razzak
Shuvo should be a head of Razzak and bat 9. I think Bangladesh should stick with the 3 spinners.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nafees hasn't really proven himself lately and new blood would be better. There's others like Shuvagoto Hom, Faisal Hossain and Nazimuddan.

Could be a talent. Can't be harsh on his debut series.

Absolutely. In fact it should be a no brainer.

Shuvo should be a head of Razzak and bat 9. I think Bangladesh should stick with the 3 spinners.
Ah you are totally right with Shuvo, did really well in those unofficial Tests recently, as did Nazimuddin. I think I'd like to see Nazimuddin get a bit more of a run in the limited overs side before he gets chucked into the Test team. Shuvo should really be the 2nd spinning option. Yet another top spin bowling allrounder from Bangers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What has happened to Naeem Islam? He made 59* in his last Test match, he could be an option surely with the bat.