• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Good is Tamim?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
But the issue is I looked at this thread expecting to read what people have to say about Tamim (as astonishing as that may be, looking at the thread title), not young West Indies batsmen.
Yeah and someone said he'd get into the WI line-up of which i disagreed because a certain "young West indies batsmen" currently holds that position, so i think i had every right to make a comment, i didn't bring up Barath's name on a whim.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He looks brilliant but I'm not sure whether he's a top-class batsman in the making or just on a particularly hot run of form. It's definitely too early to tell.

morgieb

Which teams do you think he would be selected for? Apart from Bangladesh, WI, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
How old will he be when he reaches his potential? Mid to late 20's.
Is he just a useful player or is he very good? Looking good but it's too early to call.

Riggins

International Captain
I've watched some highlights the last few days and his style is alot like phil hughes. (front foot play and spinners, haven't seen anything of him on the back shoe.)

TumTum

Banned
I've watched some highlights the last few days and his style is alot like phil hughes. (front foot play and spinners, haven't seen anything of him on the back shoe.)
Completely disagree. IMO Tamim is technically a complete package (obviously Hughes is no-where near text book).

Top_Cat

Reminds me more of an early Boof Lehmann, circa early 90's maybe. Like Boof, reckon he suffers a bit when the ball isn't in his half but if he ends up anywhere near as good, they guy will have a decent career for sure.

Last edited:

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Are you serious? Have you seen him pull and hook?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He looks brilliant but I'm not sure whether he's a top-class batsman in the making or just on a particularly hot run of form. It's definitely too early to tell.
I think if he continues for a few years in this sort of form he'll at least be remembered as Bangladesh's first genuine Test class batsman.

Since Shakib ascended to the captaincy last year he's averaging 50, which in anyone's book is a great run of form.

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
I really hope this guy continues on. Being Bangladesh's first truly good international player would be a great accomplishment.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
There former captain Habib-ul-Bashar was test class too. Even after 10 disastrous test matches at eve of his retirement averages 30+. He was averaging close to 40 when he was in form.

Sir Alex

Banned
There former captain Habib-ul-Bashar was test class too. Even after 10 disastrous test matches at eve of his retirement averages 30+. He was averaging close to 40 when he was in form.
Never averaged above 40 after his 9th test match although never let it drop below 30 either, making him statistically better than Hick, Ramprakash etc. Yeah I see the point, but Tamim is near world class.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In the days between the back-to-back Tests, Bangladesh have had a few worries about Tamim Iqbal, their star batsman, who reported a problem with his chest although he is unlikely to miss the match. There is also better news about the left-hander's wrist problem which now doesn't require surgery.

"By all reports he doesn't need an operation unless it gets displaced or he can't bat with the pain, and he batted with the pain no problem in the Test match," said Siddons. "He's just got to get over it mentally. It's healing, it's got a callus around it, it's fine."
cricinfo update