• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast Bowler Survival Grand Final

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This list really reinforces how good Imran and Miller both were to be such good batsmen as well as in the top 20 fast bowlers of all time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also interesting is that Andy Roberts, Shaun Pollock and Keith Miller ended up in the 17-20 bracket in all three polls.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
This list really reinforces how good Imran and Miller both were to be such good batsmen as well as in the top 20 fast bowlers of all time.
Indeed. Particularly when you take into account the amount of time and energy they also spent on their - ahem - extra-curricular activities.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
When I saw this thread dug, I had a terrible feeling it was connected with the Andre Nel story...

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I feared that bumping dead threads might be against the rules of the forum. Else wanted to dug out this thread and a few others long before.

Great exercise. It's a great relief to see Lilee is not put on top :D

I personally would like to put Trueman, Donald and Barnes a little higher.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I personally would like to put Trueman, Donald and Barnes a little higher.
For your information, many here refrained from voting for Barnes because one can't be sure that Barnes can be considered a fast bowler. Otherwise, CW ranks Barnes very highly. I remember when adharcric did his CW bowlers' ranking exercise last year, Barnes came out among the top 3/4 bowlers ranked by CW.

On a side note, I think what Adharcric did for ranking both batsmen and bowlers was an amazing exercise. I'm planning to re-do a similar exercise in 2010 given that we now have an increased no. of members.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
@weldone - think I haven't come across any batsmen's ranking threads. Could you link me to it? Or let me know what should I search for to reach it.

Himannv

International Coach
Agree with the sentiments on Waqar. I never used to rate him as highly as people do on CW.

smash84

The Tiger King
Interesting to see that Ambrose, McGrath, Hadlee and Marshall are in the top 5 of all three contests.

There was a definite rise in the stocks of the Pakistani fast bowlers.

I actually made a mistake in the listing of the results, not upholding the 17th-20th place getters correctly. The corrected results read:

1 Malcolm Marshall
2 Richard Hadlee
3 Glenn McGrath
4 Curly Ambrose
5 Imran Khan
6 Waqar Younis
7 Dennis Lillee
8 Wasim Akram
9 Fred Trueman
10 Sydney Barnes
11 Joel Garner
12 Michael Holding