• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Pakistani cricket such a mess?

Debris

International 12th Man
It comes back to administration and the ability to put in a long-term plan. The administrators don't seem to be looking more than three months ahead at the moment. The most important thing is to set a plan going forward and stick to it even if it may cause some adverse results in the short term.

Oh, and they need to stop protecting or being lenient to players just because they are talented. It creates a very poor culture within the team. And it is not like they are short on talent.

AaronK

State Regular
I am geting reports that they have lifted rana navid ul hasan's ban also and cut his fine in half...

as i recall, he was the one who came out and admitted that he had underperformed and throw
matches..

Way to go PCB..

so freaking frustrating..

Matt79

Global Moderator
Reckon I'll be boycotting any matches involving Pakistan from now on. Wondering whether a team actually wants to win or not on any given day is not why I watch sport.

AaronK

State Regular
^ Dude u feel that way as a cricket fan.. but can you imagin how Pakistani cricket fans are feeling right now.. I feel sick to my stomach.. soo frustrating..I mean this whole inquiry commetee and tribunal system that they set.. we thought there is some hope at least.. but with all these verdicts.. we feel the loser of them all..

Younis khan who is challanging PCB and their injustice.. his case being delayed unintentionally... while players like Malik and Rana Navid who deserve life ban are let free.. I feel like throwing my bat away.. walking away from cricket forever..

Xuhaib

International Coach
^ Dude u feel that way as a cricket fan.. but can you imagin how Pakistani cricket fans are feeling right now.. I feel sick to my stomach.. soo frustrating..I mean this whole inquiry commetee and tribunal system that they set.. we thought there is some hope at least.. but with all these verdicts.. we feel the loser of them all..

Younis khan who is challanging PCB and their injustice.. his case being delayed unintentionally... while players like Malik and Rana Navid who deserve life ban are let free.. I feel like throwing my bat away.. walking away from cricket forever..
lol nothing surprise me anymore I was shocked when Abdul Qadir said in a interview that Abdur Rauf selection for Australia was a wedding gift from PCB chairman as he is close mates with his father in law.I guess we will seeing him in England as probably another gift for his first child this time.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rana Naveed who admitted he underperformed intentionally to undermine the captain gets his ban removed while the same skipper who was wrongly targetted by 7 players will probably remain banned forever.:laugh:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Reckon I'll be boycotting any matches involving Pakistan from now on. Wondering whether a team actually wants to win or not on any given day is not why I watch sport.
And i don't blame you one bit in fact the amount of shame i feel as a Pakistani at the moment from this whole situation is quite high.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
I disagree with the notion of your hands being tied. Tougher & meaner regimes have been brought down elsewhere. What one man can do so can another.
Where to be exact? I mean pakistan is probably the 6th or 7th strongest country military wise. I dont think we can topple ISI or the army so easily. if only we used this great army to help the people of the country.

AaronK

State Regular
lol nothing surprise me anymore I was shocked when Abdul Qadir said in a interview that Abdur Rauf selection for Australia was a wedding gift from PCB chairman as he is close mates with his father in law.I guess we will seeing him in England as probably another gift for his first child this time.
haha lol

:laugh:

it gets better and better..