• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ishant Sharma vs Stuart Broad - Test bowler

Who is better test bowler?

• Total voters

TumTum

Banned
If you don't think a spell of 5-37 which skittled out a side for 160 when the other 3 innings of the match averaged a score of 351 in an ashes deciding test match is hardly impressive then you have some pretty ridiculous standards.

This spell isn't a one off as he did the exact same thing in South Africa a few months later to win a test out there.For all his faults he is a matchwinning bowler and could easily do the same again this winter and deep down you know that too.
No.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Very tight call.

Credit to Sharma, his career has started quite reasonably. He is almost the same age now as when Broad made his Test debut. The scope for improvement/consistency with Sharma is massive given his age.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really like the look of both; Sharma more consistent and gets more movement off the deck but Broad a bit smarter, hits the splice and gets more movement in the air. Would be very surprised if both of them don't do quite well as bowlers and would be equally surprised if Broad doesn't do well with the bat too.

Going to be a hell of a shoot out over the next few years when they play against each other.

Uppercut

its not the lack of wickets that is giving Ishant the bad reps these days its his general bowling which has been pretty poor even in test cricket.Even in his first series he took 6@62 but it was how he bowled not how many wickets he took that earned him such rave reviews.
Indeed. But that's also why I think Broad is better. He takes more wickets when he bowls well.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Last time i saw Ishant.. he was bowling to many short and wide deliveries and was getting smack around the park for it.. I was like he has to be one of the most overrated bowler i have seen..so i voted for Broad..
Yes, Sharma sometimes bowls pathetic spells. He was bowling this sort of crap in the last Champions Trophy. Broad never bowls as bad as that.

Though, he doesn't look that bad with a red ball.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think Ishant is more talented.

That said, its up in the air as to who will have the better career. Broad might prove a touch more reliable in the long run.

akilana

International 12th Man
I think talent wise both are about there on the same page, but the character wise I think Broad is little better. At their worst, Broad is a little better than Ishanth. At their best, Ishanth is better.

Uppercut

Hmm, Roach? Difficult to say just now but you'd think he has the most potential out of pretty much any bowler. I wonder who Ricky Ponting would say is the best of the three.