• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Philip Hughes

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** you're a bad poster hey.
No,i do make a point of saying how poor Div 2 is no matter who is helped by the weakness of it.

Hughes has made a good start to his career but he has the flaw that is much publicised,it will be fascinating to see if he can overcome it in the future.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I know, but the only way he can play enough games to get that many centuries would be if he weren't playing International cricket, hence he'd have been a Test failure.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Same league that our new Test star averaged 24 in last season?

(God what a pointless post)
It's in the right thread then.

Can the Mods make a conscious decision not to do anything to flibbertyjibberer before the Ashes please? Look forward to having a fair amount of fun at his expense.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
On the swing issue, am I the only one who thinks wrist position and where the bowler delivers the ball also plays a part?

Shorter bowlers who bowl a skiddy action allow the ball to spend more time just above the surface, which therefore results in more swing. Or something.

Oh, and Phil Hughes is crap.

TumTum

Banned
On the swing issue, am I the only one who thinks wrist position and where the bowler delivers the ball also plays a part?

Shorter bowlers who bowl a skiddy action allow the ball to spend more time just above the surface, which therefore results in more swing. Or something.
Wrist postilion doesn't directly effect swing but it does effect the axis of rotation of the ball which effects swing I suppose.

And I definitely agree that skiddy bowlers somehow manage to find swing in unlikely places but again I think that is because the axis of rotation of the ball alone has an impact on swing.

You could just test this in your backyard using a tennis ball, an upright action doesn't swing it but if you try to bowl it side-on, you will notice that the ball slightly swings and dips late into the right-hander (if you are a right handed bowler).