• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injuries sustained during a match

G.I.Joe

International Coach
But if your hand gets broken while batting, it's your own fault. The bowler's clearly beaten you and hit you with a good ball.

Just man up and don't get injured FFS.
AWTA. Can't believe this discussion is even on.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I can understand why people may want it. However, from my POV a Test a a battle between 2 units (teams).

They enter with 11 players and whatever happens in these 5 days is what the unit has to deal with. A loss of a player here or there is just something that each unit has to occasionally deal with during the course of the game. Im not a fan of war analogies for sport but you could view a Test as 2 equal units that enter a battle and have to deal with the vagaries of fate and the casualties of war in a battle for supremacy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can understand why people may want it. However, from my POV a Test a a battle between 2 units (teams).

They enter with 11 players and whatever happens in these 5 days is what the unit has to deal with. A loss of a player here or there is just something that each unit has to occasionally deal with during the course of the game. Im not a fan of war analogies for sport but you could view a Test as 2 equal units that enter a battle and have to deal with the vagaries of fate and the casualties of war in a battle for supremacy.
AWTA.

How do people feel then, about bowlers going off after a spell to frehsen up, get new mints and some extra coaching before returning to the field to have another lash, a la 2005?

I remember 1981, when Lillee went off after each spell to change his shirt because he'd had pneumonia in the lead up to the series, and there was genuine rancour that he was obtaining an unfair benefit.