• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The answer to England's problems?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A rather crazy man rang TMS's call the commentators at lunch-time today.

He has suggested that Graeme Thorpe needs to come back into the side in place of Ed Smith (which if you consider he's had to bat on 2 ordinary pitches so far seems to me a bit harsh)

The other recall he wanted was for one of the duck's most-talked about players - Mark Ramprakash.

Of course the commentators pushed him to find out who else should be dropped from the middle order, and his reply was priceless "Mark Butcher as he's been inconsistent"

Needless to say this idea was not taken seriously, but it shows what pressure the selectors are under, when there's idiots like that around!

chris.hinton

International Captain
Ed Smith lacks the technique for this level... so i would like to have Thorpe back

as for Butcher he should never field in the slips

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You're basing this on 2 very difficult wickets to bat on.

Thorpe IMO should not be called up again after the way he's treated us in the past.

What sign does it show to the youngsters in the side?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The inconsistent Butcher is scoring runs...again. :rolleyes: He's clearly a not up to Test class...but Rampers......

Langeveldt

Soutie
I feel for guys like Aggers (legend) who has to answer to this type of stuff! What can you say without being rude?

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Thorpe?Ramprakash?Smith?Butcher?

Who are these people? But if i had to pick 2 id go with Graeme Smith and Mark Butcher,

p.s. if you hadnt guessed i have been listening to Bumble too much

monving on, the barmy ar,my is always full of gigantic undergrown ****, whoever are angles copared to the footie fans ie me

i was wonderin chris hinto are you the same one whos in the credits for MVCM