• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What a test debut!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Yasir Hameed becomes the second player ever to score a ton in each innings of the debut test match!!! The first one was W Indian Lawrence Rowe.
What a test debut:cool2:

Andre

International Regular
Well, I predicted to Marc that he would score a century in the first innings - but two is a most fantastic effort.

Congrats to the young man.

Looking at the Pakistani's with tons on debut, a few have fallen by the wayside....... Mo Wasim, some guy called Naqvi, even Mahmood and Umar to an extent.

Taking into account the opposition, it's no the best attack he will ever face - but nothing can take away from the achievement.

masterblaster

International Captain
Good on him!!!

I agree with just about everything what Andre has said. Bad thing is though, its against Bangladesh.

We'll see how he copes with Australia and the like.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
What I had to laugh at was a letter to Ceefax here in the UK.

Some bloke reckoned that in 2 years or so he'd be the best batsman in the world (based on his first innings against Bangladesh)

Talk about an over-reaction!

Langeveldt

Soutie
warrioryohannan said:
Yasir Hameed becomes the second player ever to score a ton in each innings of the debut test match!!! The first one was W Indian Lawrence Rowe.
What a test debut:cool2:

Jacques Rudolph did similar things against Bangladesh!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Hey Marc

Guess who sent that, yes, thats right ,it wasnt me but i read it though, i totally agree, i mean what with the uneven bounce and the terrible pitch to bat on AND the high calibre bowling totally justifies that letter :lol:

Jacques: i was thinking the same thing mate, too bad he hasnt backed those up with too many big knocks...i wish he did, cos he think hes rather good same goes for Gibbs and Mckensie

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: What a test debut!

Jacques Rudolph said:
Jacques Rudolph did similar things against Bangladesh!
But now he is showing himself to be a world class leg spinner who bats...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ceefax letters pages, wonderful for a laugh.

I think there have been seven demanding a Hick recall this year?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Ceefax letters pages, wonderful for a laugh.

I think there have been seven demanding a Hick recall this year?
I suggested it on the forums...

My thinking being (for ODI's) - Hick or Key?, Hick or Key?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Well this batsman looks decent to me, his big test will be against SA , which i think will be touring Pak soon.I have a feeling though that this guy is here to stay and won't fade like others.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Question:- Didn't Taufeeq Umar also score a centuty on debut against Bangladesh..... How well has fared against the good teams?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Mate Hick has to come back , i love watching him open the innings with Tresco , he is a fine O.D.I opener for England avgs says everything.. im sure if he comes back Eng teams will be a lot more stronger

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
R_Powell_fan said:
Question:- Didn't Taufeeq Umar also score a centuty on debut against Bangladesh..... How well has fared against the good teams?
He did score 80 + against Australia!!

As i said earlier, Yasir's real test will be when he faces SA bowlers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
Mate Hick has to come back , i love watching him open the innings with Tresco , he is a fine O.D.I opener for England avgs says everything.. im sure if he comes back Eng teams will be a lot more stronger
I am bewildered as to what you are talking about. Hick has only opened 3 times in ODI cricket, scoring 48 runs in total and all 3 times were 8 years before Tresco's debut.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
And while we're at it, Ramprakash must be given a go, and why not Robin Smith.

Heck, bring back Botham!