• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could time-travel to any cricket game in history?

Dissector

International Debutant
Inspired by the reincarnation thread. A time machine has been built and you can take a trip to any one cricket game all of which you will get to watch live before coming back. Which would you pick?

Watching one of India's great test victories live would be amazing but probably I would prefer to go back further and watch a game featuring the greats who haven't left behind video footage. Ranji, Grace and Barnes would probably be highest on the list for me. The thing is I don't know enough about that era to think of a specific game. Was there a game, especially a test match, which featured great performances by both Ranji and Grace for example?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure about a particular match, but I would have liked to been around when the bodyline series was played.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The year is 2826, and India have finally reaped the rewards of their controversial cloning program.

Xuhaib

International Coach
watch the 80's of Pakistan no politics no match fixing drama just straight up Imran-Miandad street fighting.

gvenkat

State Captain
Inspired by the reincarnation thread. A time machine has been built and you can take a trip to any one cricket game all of which you will get to watch live before coming back. Which would you pick?

Watching one of India's great test victories live would be amazing but probably I would prefer to go back further and watch a game featuring the greats who haven't left behind video footage. Ranji, Grace and Barnes would probably be highest on the list for me. The thing is I don't know enough about that era to think of a specific game. Was there a game, especially a test match, which featured great performances by both Ranji and Grace for example?
1999 Barbados Test where Lara hit 153*:)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has to be the bodyline series for me - if I had to choose just one of the Tests it would be the last - must have been incredible to witness the ovation that Larwood got when he was out for 98 in the England 1st innings, and to watch the reactions as he limped off a Test ground, for what proved to be the last time, with The Don after the latter had been dismissed in the Australian second innings

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
i would go back to the 1996 quarterfinal against india and finish of the unifinished business. I scored 48 of 32 balls, including two huge sixes, unfortantly other them Aamir Sohail, my team mates let me down, especially that old man Miandad.

Dissector

International Debutant
This test isn't half bad as a showcase for several old-time greats. 50's by Ranji, Fry and Clem Hill. 7 wickets by Rhodes. Grace was playing his last test and though he didn't do much with the bat did bowl 20 overs in the first innings. Trumper was also playing though he didn't do much. The game ended in a tight draw with Ranji saving the day with an unbeaten 93.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Good one, pasag.

One little observation from the scorecard: All the bowlers from both teams in both innings gave less than 4 runs per over (and most of them less than 3) except 4 among 5 English bowlers in Australia's first inning. Trumper was that much more aggressive than his contemporaries.

I hate two things about that match. One is Ranji's null performance, especially in the second inning (because he's Ranji) and the other is a good batsman being wasted as no. 10 in England's batting line-up (which he was for a long time).

Chubb

International Regular
I would like to see Gilbert Jessop's famous innings.

Also the saddo Zim-nerd in me would like to witness the first test win in 1996.