• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could time-travel to any cricket game in history?

Matt79

Global Moderator
The second test of the 2005 Ashes. Or specifically to the morning warm-ups before the first day. I'd grab McGrath and tell him to do his warm ups inside.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Would like to go to the New Years' Day one-dayer in 1995-96 between Australia and the Windies. I distinctly remember seeing it on TV as a five-year-old and revering Bevan ever since, even though I didn't even know who he was at the time. Didn't appreciate either that he'd just bailed Australia out of the deepest, most cavernous **** imaginable - carried the side from 6/38 to 7/74 to 9/173 with a four off the last ball to win by one wicket. YouTube doesn't do it justice. And Reiffel got MotM, the ****.

I'd like to see it again.
Remains the best ODI i've ever seen.

pasag

RTDAS
I can't imagine people wanting to go back to games they've already seen! So many amazing moments, Bradman hitting 300 in a day, the tied Test, Spofforth vs WG Grace you could go on forever.

Yes,I didn't know about that.The performance is such hard to believe that I thought no one else would've done it.Sometimes,I wonder how geat Botham would've been considered if he maintained the averages which his first 4 years of international cricket.He was never anything special as a batsman in that period(played some great innings but failed a lot as well) but during that small bowling peak has to be one of the greatest ever.I think amongst modern day bowlers,Only Imran (1978-1988) & Waqar(1989-1994) have better & longer bowling peaks than Botham(1978-1982).Other than,only Lohmann & Barnes have better peaks but cricket in those days was much different to what is played today(then they had uncovered wickets & almost always bowling friendly conditions.And Imran is the only to have better peak as an allrounder than wheher u consider Imran's last 51 tests(1982-1992) where he averages 51 as batsman & 19 as bowler or 1980-88 where he averages 40 with the bat & 20 or less a batsman too.