• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could time-travel to any cricket game in history?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, goes without saying that Murphy wins the thread, but fwiw I'd like to go back to the 1961 Tied Test, and to day one of Headingly in 1930.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Can't believe noone else is thinking like me:

Go back to Headingley 1981, day 3, and place a sizable bet on England.:ph34r:

Teja.

Global Moderator
1st Test: England v India at Lord's, Jul 26-31, 1990 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Azhar's 121 from 111, To quote Mike Brearley "This one was for the lords, perhaps the very best Innings on English soil"(Mind you Gooch made 333 that game)

1st Test: India v England at Kolkata, Jan 29-Feb 2, 1993 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Azhar's 182 of 197, when India was 93-3 and he was about to be dropped from the team, Match-winning Innings. "This was a masterpiece of uninhibited strokeplay matched with watchful defence" according to the Wisden Almanack.

2nd Test: India v South Africa at Kolkata, Nov 27-Dec 1, 1996 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com - Azhar's 109 of 77 balls(Including a 73 ball century) against an on-fire Klusner(who take 8 that game) and Donald at his tactical peak.

Visually the best batting I have ever seen by a mile, I'd kill to see those live again.

That match of PAKISTAN-INDIA Test series of 1983 in which Imran Khan scored a century & took 10 wickets.And he's the only one to do it in history of cricket.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Any match in this series

Apart from Pakistan winning 3-0, Imran took 40 wickets on flat, lifeless Pakistani pitches at a measly average of 13.
Imran believed he was better than Kapil Dev..and this was the series that would prove it..He took 40 wickets, Kapil took a respectable 24. This is also a spectacular series for Imran vs Gavaskar contests.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Yeah, for me, anything back in the "golden age" involving any of Trumper, Barnes, Lohmann or Jessop would be great.

I'd be fascinated to see how Barnes bowled.

I myself would turn a few heads turning up in cargo pants and a polo shirt tbh.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Would like to go to the New Years' Day one-dayer in 1995-96 between Australia and the Windies. I distinctly remember seeing it on TV as a five-year-old and revering Bevan ever since, even though I didn't even know who he was at the time. Didn't appreciate either that he'd just bailed Australia out of the deepest, most cavernous **** imaginable - carried the side from 6/38 to 7/74 to 9/173 with a four off the last ball to win by one wicket. YouTube doesn't do it justice. And Reiffel got MotM, the ****.

I'd like to see it again.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
1992 WC Final.........would love to watch Akram do his magic live in front and screame my lungs out.