• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which player would you wish to see reincarnate?

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
I would like if Graham Gooch reincarnates. Too bad he was before my time, but i have seen some of his batting high lights and i really like his batting style, I would love to see him bat today

King Pietersen

International Captain
Of all the players to play the game, the one you'd like to see back playing International cricket is Graham Gooch? Interesting choice to say the least, especially when there's so much footage of him available. I'd personally go for players from eras with either very little, or no tv footage. So I'm thinking Sir Don Bradman, WG Grace, Frank Tyson, Sir Jack Hobbs, Victor Trumper, Sydney Barnes, Clarrie Grimmett, GA Lohmann, and George Headley. Would love to have seen those guys play live.

Himannv

International Coach
I think modern rules and pitches may just kill the whole aura of greatness that some of these players amassed.

If I have to pick, I'd like to see Trumper and Wes Hall. Round 2 of Marshall wouldn't be the worst thing to see either.

Dissector

International Debutant
As an Indian it's got to be Ranji though I doubt he would be able to play the modern game without becoming in effect a completely different player. So what I would really like is high-quality video footage from that era. Or even better a time machine that would let me spend a quiet afternoon at a 19th century county game.

I have to say I found Graham Gooch a hilarious choice though to each his own taste I guess.

Last edited:

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Of all the players to play the game, the one you'd like to see back playing International cricket is Graham Gooch? Interesting choice to say the least, especially when there's so much footage of him available. I'd personally go for players from eras with either very little, or no tv footage. So I'm thinking Sir Don Bradman, WG Grace, Frank Tyson, Sir Jack Hobbs, Victor Trumper, Sydney Barnes, Clarrie Grimmett, GA Lohmann, and George Headley. Would love to have seen those guys play live.
Yes, because he was before my time and i really didn't see him batting live ever, except maybe the 92 world cup final.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bradman, for the sole reason of putting an end to the "how good would he be in modern times" discussions you find on every cricket site/message board.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Bradman, for the sole reason of putting an end to the "how good would he be in modern times" discussions you find on every cricket site/message board.
This. Would love to see Bradman bat today, would of liked to see a bit more of Richie Benaud aswell.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman easily. Annoys me to no end that in a sport i follow so much I will never be able to see the best player.

DingDong

State Captain
i'd like for bradman to come back just so he can struggle against the pacies like tait and lee and prove that tendulkar is the far superior batsman...and also martin crowe.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I have already seen a Batsman who played the way Ranji played(Azhar), and he was by a margin the most exquisitely stylish player I have ever seen.(especially in full flow) Would love to see Ranji himself play.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Imran Khan thought Malcom Marshall was being reincarnated unfortunatley the new version ended up averaging 50 with the ball.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman to see how he'd be going, and just to see what "Godlike" truly means. Barnes to see what in the hell he really bowled. Warne, because he is the greatest entertainer on a cricket pitch I've ever seen.