• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan about to get another new Captain

Xuhaib

International Coach
Salman Butt likely to be captain for England tour – The Express Tribune
KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is considering a move to appoint Salman Butt as captain for the two Test series taking place in England against the hosts and Australia with Shahid Afridi likely to lead the Twenty20 and the One-Day International (ODI) squads.

According to sources, the team management, including coach Waqar Younis, as well as the PCB officials all seem to agree on Salman’s appointment viewing Afridi’s reluctance to return to the Test arena. Afridi has not played a Test for almost four years and while the all-rounder has not confirmed his decision to stay away from Test matches, his return looks highly unlikely.

Pakistan’s next appointment is the Asia Cup that starts from June15 in Sri Lanka followed by the tour of England where it will play two Twenty20s and two Tests against Australia as well as four Tests, five ODIs and two Twenty20s against the hosts. While the tour is still over a month away, the PCB is already mulling over the possible candidates for the threemonth long tour.

“Nothing has been confirmed as far as the captaincy is confirmed,” Ijaz told The Express Tribune from London where he is meeting with his English counterpart Giles Clarke. “The squads for the Asia Cup and the tour of England will be named together on May 22 or 24 as the team will depart for London directly from Sri Lanka after the Asia Cup.” The sources added that Salman, who finished as the third-highest scorer in the recently- concluded 2010 World Twenty20, has the backing of the coach as well as the senior players in the team and is on good terms with all team members.

Pakistan may head to the one-day tournament in Sri Lanka and the tour of England hampered by the absence of key players including Mohammad Yousuf, Younus Khan and Shoaib Malik, with all three banned by the PCB. Younus and Malik have filed appealed against their bans, the hearing dates have set as May 22 and 29 respectively. As a result, Malik, if successful, may be able to make his international comeback while Younus may have to wait until the Test series in England.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Musical chairs continues:laugh:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Dam this is terrible..but they have no other candidate..
Butt is a terrible player too..not like he can lead from the front..
Afridi realizes he is not test quality so does not want return and rightly so..

shrik

Cricket Spectator
I think ICC should allow them going ahead with non playing captain...

I cant see any one leading the team in playing 11...
misbah can have that quality...but it wont go again with many of the players.....

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Butt is not the best of batsmen but he is the most intelligent and educated person on the team. I am guessing he would prove better then any one on the current team

btw on a side note, Salman Butt has a really hot sister

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I say Waqar Younis should become the non playing captain. Hook up a microphone with all the players ears and Waqar can give them instructions from out side. Or may be he can go in time to time as a substitute fielder.

TBH, i don't see any captain in our test side. Butt might be just as good or just as bad as some others...may be they should have tried Kamran Akmal....LOL

Xuhaib

International Coach
on a side note heard Geo has released videos where Yousuf admits that 7 people(yousuf, afridi,malik,ajmal,rana,misbah and kamran) took oath on Koran that they will get rid of Younis as captain and later on the exact same guys double crossed Mo Yo in Aus according to Yousuf even Ricky Ponting pointed out that mate atleast half of your teammates are not supporting you on the field.

Some crazy **** here.

shrik

Cricket Spectator
they always o things like that...

so many examples are there...these players are like crabs......

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
on a side note heard Geo has released videos where Yousuf admits that 7 people(yousuf, afridi,malik,ajmal,rana,misbah and kamran) took oath on Koran that they will get rid of Younis as captain and later on the exact same guys double crossed Mo Yo in Aus according to Yousuf even Ricky Ponting pointed out that mate atleast half of your teammates are not supporting you on the field.

Some crazy **** here.

Yep..just read this on cricinfo..
Absolutely shameful.. was never a fan of Mallik..but the immaturity of the other players is just disheartening. I can't believe Yousuf who complains of infighting did the same thing when Younis was captain..taking an oath on Quran to remove your captain..wow talk about misuse of religion.. I have lost all respect for Yousuf now...and he has the nerve to go around preaching people about religion.. Shame on him..

The only player who has my support now is Younis Khan.. I would like to see him in the team as a leader...no Mallik and no Yousuf.. I have had enough of these clowns..

AaronK

State Regular

Some crazy **** here.
this is just sad dude..

I bet Ricky was tired of beating Pakistan and wanted them to put at least a fight or two..

it is PCB.. they are the con and father of these kind of problems... as long as the fat Butt is around nothing will change.. I bet we will see Malik and Rana back on England tour.. not to forget Kamran Akmal who would play with england and Aus by dropping catches... do u guys remember the last Pak tour of England and his wicket keeping performance..it is going to get worse this time around..

If it was up to me I would bring back Younis and make him captain.. drop all those 7 players and hand them ban for at least 2 years..Pick all young guys for England tour.. at least they will give their 100%..

shrik

Cricket Spectator
Yep..just read this on cricinfo..

The only player who has my support now is Younis Khan.. I would like to see him in the team as a leader...no Mallik and no Yousuf.. I have had enough of these clowns..
dont remember exactly but i think yunis khan also had fight with Inzy on the same issue...

He also wanted to captain the side when inzy was there...

Poor guys....i hope they will not be banned from international cricket with all controvercies arising

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What Pakistan needs now is an undisputable Imran like figure to bitchslap some sense into his team-mates. You've got far too many self centered drama queens jostling for alpha male status in the dressing room.

pasag

RTDAS

Some crazy **** here.
et tu, Karma

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this is just sad dude..

I bet Ricky was tired of beating Pakistan and wanted them to put at least a fight or two..

it is PCB.. they are the con and father of these kind of problems... as long as the fat Butt is around nothing will change.. I bet we will see Malik and Rana back on England tour.. not to forget Kamran Akmal who would play with england and Aus by dropping catches... do u guys remember the last Pak tour of England and his wicket keeping performance..it is going to get worse this time around..

If it was up to me I would bring back Younis and make him captain.. drop all those 7 players and hand them ban for at least 2 years..Pick all young guys for England tour.. at least they will give their 100%..
Umar Akmal's one of the youngest in the team and he's hardly any better though, given the 'injury' he was going to have if his brother wasn't picked.

DingDong

State Captain
What Pakistan needs now is an undisputable Imran like figure to bitchslap some sense into his team-mates. You've got far too many self centered drama queens jostling for alpha male status in the dressing room.
you said it.
possibly a non playing captain like a general in the army or something.