• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe Tri-Series (Zimbabwe, India, Sri Lanka)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are Sanga and Jayawardene being rested in this match/series?

If so I hope people are actually consistent and have a crack at Sri Lanka too, rather than just India.

R_D

International Debutant
tbh he looks pretty crap there are atleast half a dozen seamers who have more potential.
Yeah looks pretty come to me as well.
Only times he seems to take wicket is when batsman are going after him.... they get caught on the fence.
He does posses a decent slower ball but pretty ordinary bowler.... probably good for a domestic side but not international standard.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
tbh he looks pretty crap there are atleast half a dozen seamers who have more potential.
He's not terrible, no way. He's very useful in this Indian team going by those domestic stats- a strike rate under 30, an economy not too bad and a handy lower-order batsman. He's far better than all of Dinda, Tyagi and Umesh, and possibly Sreesanth and Ishant. Five seasons of domestic cricket are no joke, and that match experience should help a lot. His batting is another useful factor, as it will help put in two proper spinners in the Indian team. Definitely not as bad as some suggest. Let's not evaluate an Indian prospect by Australian standards all the time.

Xuhaib

International Coach
so hope Zim win this tourney Ind and SL are clearly treating this no more then a trial run anyways love watching Kohli bat has 10000+ test runs written all over him.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's got his second ton. It should do him a lot of good. He's a far better player than what's said of him, and a lot better than some current players in the Indian team, who do nothing for the team and need the team to cover for them.

Sir Alex

Banned
so hope Zim win this tourney Ind and SL are clearly treating this no more then a trial run anyways love watching Kohli bat has 10000+ test runs written all over him.
I surely hope you're not joking.

Yes, he's indeed one of the best prospects. I hope your words prove to be prophetic (i promise you a treat if both of us are still around here) but his attitude is worrying. Hope it's just the hormones and youth and he matures unlike Yuvraj.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

Yes, he's indeed one of the best prospects. I hope your words prove to be prophetic (i promise you a treat if both of us are still around here) but his attitude is worrying. Hope it's just the hormones and youth and he matures unlike Yuvraj.
He does seem to be more intelligent than Yuvraj and seems to have changed a bit from his U19 days.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Nah he rates Kohli high. Prob mashed his sentences together at the wrong time

G.I.Joe

International Coach
cricinfo said:
Presentation
Rohit Sharma is the MoM He says, "Always nice getting hundreds in consecutive matches. it's not the end of the world for me, I have a long way to go. Boys played really well, right from the start. This wicket was really nice to bat on, still a bit on the slower side. We knew if we got one big partnership, we would get the target."
First the paunch, then the vocabulary. Sharma is Inzamam Jr, and I claim my five pies.

Xuhaib

International Coach

don't know how he will handle the genuine quick stuff on sporting tracks that will be a real test but as I saidbefore the smoothness to his batting is almost Dravid/Sachin like. I have seen him bat quite a few times now and I have yet to see a weakness.

masterblaster

International Captain

Kohli looks like such a douchebag. But yeah, he's a great talent and it's good to see him batting well.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL payed dearly for bad selections. Four poor fielders is too much for a team (Mendis, Tharanga, Samaraweera, Silva). Chamara Silva is a selection blunder. Good that SL lost.

Unless the team is going to be good SL will lose the next match as well.

My picks, Dilshan, Thirimanne, Samaraweera, Mathews, Chandimal, Kapugedara, Perera, Randiv, Kulasekara, Fernado and Welagedara

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mendis decline is quite laughable yes the mystery may have been solved but I think the main reason he has been getting the tap is he is bowling garbage.