Fri Jun 18 - Tue Jun 22
    2nd Test - West Indies v South Africa
    Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Sat Jun 26 - Wed Jun 30
    3rd Test - West Indies v South Africa
    Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Nicely balanced tour this; 2 T20Is, 5 ODIs and 3 Tests, with everything building up to the TEsts. Would be made better if the tour fixture was longer than 2 days, but will take it.

SA to be undeafeated in the Tests btw, no idea about the limited overs stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Spectator
    Can anyone give me squads?

West Indies hasn't been announced yet (they always announce things ridiculously late, that's just the way they roll!). The SA squads are:

ODI and T20 squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Loots Bosman, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Charl Langeveldt, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, David Miller, Alviro Petersen, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe

Test squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe

Quote Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
    West Indies hasn't been announced yet (they always announce things ridiculously late, that's just the way they roll!). The SA squads are:

ODI and T20 squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Loots Bosman, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Charl Langeveldt, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, David Miller, Alviro Petersen, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe

Test squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe
    No Rusty? That's sad.

I think the SA would take the tests but I want Duminy to not shine so they can send him back to domestic cricket. 2 or 3 fifty and he'd retain his place. He has technical issues to sort out.

I won't mind if SA lose the ODIs and T20 because they're carrying so many out of form, not-deserved-to guys in their teams.

Gibbs, Bossman, V Der Merve, etc should go back to where they are good at, doemstic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by akilana View Post
    I think the SA would take the tests but I want Duminy to not shine so they can send him back to domestic cricket. 2 or 3 fifty and he'd retain his place. He has technical issues to sort out.

I won't mind if SA lose the ODIs and T20 because they're carrying so many out of form, not-deserved-to guys in their teams.

Gibbs, Bossman, V Der Merve, etc should go back to where they are good at, doemstic cricket.
    I can't see Gibbs name anywhere? I don't exactly mind Bossman, I think he actually offers something for SA, he's similar to Warner I guess.

I'm looking forward to the Tests, I don't think SA will win it 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by akilana View Post

I have a strange feeling we might win a test but lose the other two. Our test cricket has not been too bad recently and we have JT back from injury to help out young Roach.

The ODI's will be swept by SA as we just have not worked out how to play ODI's against decent opposition. If Gayle fires we might win a match I suppose but that will be about the only joy we take from the limited overs stuff IMHO.

What happened to Fidel Edwards? major injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    What happened to Fidel Edwards? major injury?
    Pretty serious back injury so he's going to be out for at least a year.

At least a year from now, or a year from when the injury occurred?

Who was it that lost lots of money when England lost the series in West Indies?

Anyway whoever that was, I could be that guy in 2010, because I'll be putting a fair bit on SA for the tests I reckon.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    At least a year from now, or a year from when the injury occurred?
    Should be back early next year, but to be honest i doubt he'll even be the same player he was before the injury and i'd rather give our young pacers a chance, we've got Jason Holder, Shannon Gabriel and Nelon Pascal (who'll probably get his chance in this series) doing well for the A-team so i'd expect one of those to be a fixture in our bowling unit by the time Fidel is fit.

As for this series, in the short games it's a toss up really, the tests will be very interesting though, it will be our first under Gibson and we put up a spirited showing in our last two tests against the Aussies, no doubt the likes of Steyn, Morkel, Amla and Kallis will be hard to overcome but on the other hand i'm confident we'll have a spell where we make them look average, and it's whether we take advantage of that moment that could make all the difference in the end.

Banned
    Gibbs and Albie Morkel have been dropped, while Alviro Petersen and Amla come into the squad....

As for the WI, their A team is currently playing a couple of unofficial 'Tests' in Bangladesh right now, so I don't expect any players currently on A team duties playing any part in the 20/20 and ODI series.

However, that will probably change for the Test series....

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Anyone believe that the Windies might fare well in the tests?
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information