• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
is it a temporary banning?
Yep. Hopefully he comes back with a refreshed attitude on how to post because I think he could be a good asset to the forum if he toned it down a bit.. if just comes back bitter and posts the same with added whinging/resentment though then he'll just get banned again.

Jezroy

State Captain
Yep. Hopefully he comes back with a refreshed attitude on how to post because I think he could be a good asset to the forum if he toned it down a bit.. if just comes back bitter and posts the same with added whinging/resentment though then he'll just get banned again.
If he comes back I'm going to get a fake profile and start a thread called "Why NZ young players are better than those from WI", and watch it unfold.

shivfan

Banned
Surprised that benn was not punished for his 'laugh' in the face of a dismissed batsman and constantly roaming around many batsmen giving them earful. That's inconsistency. oh well it wasn't Watson.
What you have to remember is that Graeme Smith provoked the incident with Wavell Hinds and Dwayne Bravo in 2005, and got off scotfree....

So, it would only be consistent of Jeff Crowe, the match referee, to do the same to Benn this time around. It might not be the best result, but it's at least in keeping with the rubbish that's happened in the past. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, the Saffers are seeking action against Benn....

South Africa ask for disciplinary action against Sulieman Benn | Cricket News | West Indies v South Africa 2010 | Cricinfo.com

It's a pity they didn't take the same action agianst their own captain back in 2005!
:laugh:

taipan1

U19 12th Man
3) Suleimann Benn - not punished. That is consistent with what happened in 2005 as well. Graeme Smith's sledging started the incident in 2005, and he also got off without any punishment. Consistency is key.

FWIW, SA has now reported Benn to the ICC

Quaggas

State Captain
What you have to remember is that Graeme Smith provoked the incident with Wavell Hinds and Dwayne Bravo in 2005, and got off scotfree....

So, it would only be consistent of Jeff Crowe, the match referee, to do the same to Benn this time around. It might not be the best result, but it's at least in keeping with the rubbish that's happened in the past. Now that the shoe's on the other foot, the Saffers are seeking action against Benn....

South Africa ask for disciplinary action against Sulieman Benn | Cricket News | West Indies v South Africa 2010 | Cricinfo.com

It's a pity they didn't take the same action agianst their own captain back in 2005!
What was said, this time and back then?

akilana

International 12th Man

I understand that you have to repeat 'consistency.' Are you sure you'd stop talking about the inconsistency since Steyn was fined?

Benn did not just provoke Steyn.. he was acting like bully whenever a SA batsman came to bat.. simple as that. Smith didn't act like that. Anyways no point discussing this.. won't lead anywhere.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Obviously if that is even close to the truth then I hope Benn gets banned for a considerable length of time. I'd like to think the match referee would have done more if it was true though.

Of course I have long had my doubts as to the competence of ICC match referees from the botched handling of Graham Smith's behaviour towards Bravo in 2005 (which the West Indies team to this day feel aggrieved about) to Chris Broad's general bias, to Sir Clive Lloyds incompetence, they have proven a sorry lot.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed with what was said about Roach. As long as he can stay fit for an extended period of time you have to think he could be one of the leading bowlers in the world in a few years.

Jezroy

State Captain
Agreed with what was said about Roach. As long as he can stay fit for an extended period of time you have to think he could be one of the leading bowlers in the world in a few years.
I thought that about Taylor and Fidel. Not done so well in that respect West Indies sadly. They could really have had an outstanding fast bowling line up by now if not for injuries.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I thought that about Taylor and Fidel. Not done so well in that respect West Indies sadly. They could really have had an outstanding fast bowling line up by now if not for injuries.
It'll be interesting to see their bowling line up next year if Taylor and Fidel manage to get fit again.