• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Excuse me are you a Moderator? :huh: i don't see the tag so until then i'll post in whatever style i like thanks!!.
You're not having a series of 40 different arguments here. You're arguing one point and there a group of others arguing the contrary. Nobody is speaking on behalf of one another.
Anyway, try reading the entire thread before replying, means people don't have to say the same things more than once and you don't have to make points which have already been answered.

Better? :p

WindieWeathers

International Regular
So England and Aus and SA.
So let me laugh at your Swann post a little more. lololololololol
Erm unlike you i didn't actually SAY that Swann played against England like you did with Harris and South Africa!!, so you're failing right there i'm afraid!! :laugh: .

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Basically what WW wants to hear is

Benn is the only spin bowler to face England, Australia and South Africa in the last 18 months, thus he's the best bowler in the world.

Wickets against those 3 nations are obviously inifintely harder to take than those of other nations. Oh and bowlers who are either Australian, English or South African are exempt as they obviously haven't played against their own countries.

Jarquis

Erm unlike you i didn't actually SAY that Swann played against England like you did with Harris and South Africa!!, so you're failing right there i'm afraid!! :laugh: .
In as many words...
You said that you weren't surprised that Swann's record against England, South Africa and Australia was better than Benn's.

Jarquis

You're not having a series of 40 different arguments here. You're arguing one point and there a group of others arguing the contrary. Nobody is speaking on behalf of one another.
Anyway, try reading the entire thread before replying, means people don't have to say the same things more than once and you don't have to make points which have already been answered.

:laugh: WAG. z

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW, The strike rate explains that he bowls lot of overs.. When you don't have to compete for wickets and you bowl lots of overs, you're probably going to take tons of wickets against a team which you described as poor against spin before the tournament started. As of now, he's a decent prospect.. We'll see if he improves or batsmen work him out.
If they were making 500 plus runs every innings you'd have a point, but we had them 107/5 and 123/5 due largely to the spin and we bowled them out for 350 twice!!, which isn't bad at all, if the other top sides had done that i'm sure they would be happy because they have the batting power to make SA pay for it, we on the other hand didn't.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
In as many words...
You said that you weren't surprised that Swann's record against England, South Africa and Australia was better than Benn's.
So now you're distorting my words?!! 8-) i was talking about the list, at no stage did i mention Swann and England, please try and fathom that as this debate is getting boring!!.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Another one talking for others?!! :unsure: goodness me you lot can start i band soon!!.. call it "the mouthpieces"!! :laugh: .
Okay, you've been warned about antagonising. It's a public forum. If you want to have private conversations, do it elsewhere please. All discussions on public CW forums are just that. Anyone can participate, once conducting him/herself in an acceptable way. And yes, Marcuss has.

Your equivalent of "butt out" is not valid here.

akilana

International 12th Man
If they were making 500 plus runs every innings you'd have a point, but we had them 107/5 and 123/5 due largely to the spin and we bowled them out for 350 twice!!, which isn't bad at all, if the other top sides had done that i'm sure they would be happy because they have the batting power to make SA pay for it, we on the other hand didn't.
I give you that he's done well against SA in 'this' series but his overall record or past one year isn't very impressive. He took wicket every 80 balls. I won't read much into his performance against a team you described as inept at facing spinners before the test series. Looking at his record, I can see he's improving..

WindieWeathers

International Regular

I asked if he was "a moderator", not if he was "a biased moderator"!! :D .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I won't read much into his performance against a team you described as inept at facing spinners before the test series.
Didn't know that. That's very interesting. Considering success against NZ, WI and Bangladesh is being asked to be excluded from a discussion that welcomes an "inept" team.