• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Like Mr M pointed out that's just a total FAIL!! :laugh: , furthermore Benn has only came to prominence over the past 18 months, just like Swann has, Benn's whole career stats might not be the greatest, but as we saw in this last Test the man is dangerous and can take wickets, it's as simple as that.
FFS. Look at the filter on the Statsguru, you've been saying since the beginning about Benn playing England, Australia and South Africa.
Do I really have to type out "Is Harris's record against England and Australia better than benn's against England, Australia and South Africa?"
No, you can sit there being pedantic or accept the fact that Harris's record against England and Australia is exactly the same as his record including Tests against England, Australia and South Africa.
It was said out of convenience and make zero difference to the meaning of the post.
Get the **** over it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Like Mr M pointed out that's just a total FAIL!! :laugh: , furthermore Benn has only came to prominence over the past 18 months, just like Swann has, Benn's whole career stats might not be the greatest, but as we saw in this last Test the man is dangerous and can take wickets, it's as simple as that.
Neither are his stats over the last 18 months.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'd honestly bat Ramdin below Shillingford and Benn in this side. He doesn't deserve to be higher. His wicketkeeping is still largely excellent, but his batting is just diabolical. He's ventured into Carlton Baugh territory of incompetence, where it's no longer merely technical failings, but completely daft shot selection. Unfortunately there's no reasonable candidate to replace him. There aren't even any good batsman-keepers, let alone glovemen who can bat. And anyone who suggests Dowrich is risking ruining another talent with early exposure. Remember Ramdin was a youth phenom rushed into the side, largely due age level exploits..
When all is lost for Denesh it seems he can always count on Mr M to tell everyone "we can't do any better than him" :laugh: , THE MAN IS FINISHED MR M!!, how many times does he have to fail for you to realise that? it's not even just about his batting anymore, he looked nervous behind the stumps and dropped catches in this series, but why should i be surprised? when i said these lot were garbage and we should promote the youth you and others went out of your way to big up the seniors!!, i hope you're happy with their performances now!! 8-) .

Last edited:

Jarquis

So Harris and Duminy has played against South Africa over the past 18 months? ok!! :laugh: .
You've been talking about records against Aus/Eng/SA. Is it that hard to understand?
Yeah, really don't try giving me that ****.

"Most" being the obvious one's such as Swann, Mishra and Singh? well what a surprise!! 8-) , i'm not surprised you're not backing Benn though Mr M, cause like we discussed before you totally wrote him off before backtracking the other day!! :laugh: .
lolololololol. Swann played against England in the last 18 months? lololololololol

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And yet he keeps getting 4.5 and 6 wickets hauls!!, yep he's obviously "crap"!! :laugh: .
Amazingly enough, he still averages less than 3 wickets per innings, with all those "4.5 and 6 wicket hauls". This is clearly a failure by the statisticians and must be addressed immediately.

But seriously, this series against South Africa has seen Benn look more consistently threatening than ever before. Hopefully he can continue that form.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You've been talking about records against Aus/Eng/SA. Is it that hard to understand?
I'm talking about spinners who played those three teams in the last 18 months and didn't have the likes of Bang and NZ there to make their averages look good!!!, is that so hard to comprehend?!! :unsure: .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm talking about spinners who played those three teams in the last 18 months and didn't have the likes of Bang and NZ there to make their averages look good!!!, is that so hard to comprehend?!! :unsure: .
Funnily enough the stats for games against England, South Africa and Australia also exclude the likes of Bangladesh and New Zealand from them as well.

akilana

International 12th Man
WW, The strike rate explains that he bowls lot of overs.. When you don't have to compete for wickets and you bowl lots of overs, you're probably going to take tons of wickets against a team which you described as poor against spin before the tournament started. As of now, he's a decent prospect.. We'll see if he improves or batsmen work him out.

Jarquis

So England and Aus and SA.
So let me laugh at your Swann post a little more. lololololololol

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And where have I disagreed? That's exactly what I've said. This rant is just bizarre. :blink:
Erm

I'd honestly bat Ramdin below Shillingford and Benn in this side. He doesn't deserve to be higher. His wicketkeeping is still largely excellent, but his batting is just diabolical. He's ventured into Carlton Baugh territory of incompetence, where it's no longer merely technical failings, but completely daft shot selection. Unfortunately there's no reasonable candidate to replace him. There aren't even any good batsman-keepers, let alone glovemen who can bat. And anyone who suggests Dowrich is risking ruining another talent with early exposure. Remember Ramdin was a youth phenom rushed into the side, largely due age level exploits..
So that's not implying that you'd keep him in the team? and that's not bigging up his glovework YET AGAIN even though it was largely poor in this series?!! honestly Mr M you need to start paying attention to what you type!!, because the excuses you're making for Ramdin are getting beyond a joke now!! 8-) .