Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1176

Thread: *Official* South Africa in West Indies

  1. #766
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,735
    You were calling for Nash and Chanderpaul to be dropped from the Test team when everyone else insisted that dropping them was ridiculous, there's no point trying to deny it!!!

    Think we all know which call was the most stupid.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  2. #767
    International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    You were calling for Nash and Chanderpaul to be dropped from the Test team when everyone else insisted that dropping them was ridiculous, there's no point trying to deny it!!!

    Think we all know which call was the most stupid.
    Erm no "columbo" i was calling for Chanders to be dropped after the poor form he's been showing FOR OVER A YEAR!! , furthermore i only called for the seniors (which includes Nash) to be dropped after their shocking performance at Queens park the other day of which they showed a complete lack of skill and spirit, you might call that opinion "stupid" but people who know much more about cricket than you such as Collin Croft agrees with it so i guess he's "stupid" too right?!! .

  3. #768
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,735
    Funny, don't think January counts as last week somehow.

  4. #769
    International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Funny, don't think January counts as last week somehow.
    Ooops i forgot you know everything about my posts now don't you Columbo?!!


    P.S. Nash's position was under threat due to the form Deo had been showing since his 80 against Australia, if Sarwan and Barath hadn't have been injured one of Nash or Deo would have missed out so it was only logical to debate which one it would be.
    Last edited by WindieWeathers; 21-06-2010 at 05:46 PM.


  5. #770
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,159
    No, what's stupid is the argument that because he's Colin Croft, he's incapable of saying anything stupid about cricket. He's just a man and, for that matter, a man who's said some pretty daft things over the years.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  6. #771
    International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    4,974
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    P.S. Nash's position was under threat due to the form Deo had been showing since his 80 against Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    That's my point though, he never "deserved" anything like you claim, he hasn't set the place on fire for Guyana that much lately and he wasn't exactly a superstar for the A-team either so why did he "deserve" anything? oh he hit a 50 against Australia so "he must be good" right? .

    I was telling you the man shouldn't be anywhere near the side Mike and you kept on backing the guy, there's no point trying to deny it!!.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

  7. #772
    International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Form SINCE the 80 in Australia i.e winning us the series against Zimbabwe and also doing well in the ODI's against Australia too!!, he was a man playing with a lot of confidence!!, but who am i kidding? you probably won't be able to comprehend that anyway as you only seem to want to "post for effect" these days!! . .

  8. #773
    International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    No, what's stupid is the argument that because he's Colin Croft, he's incapable of saying anything stupid about cricket. He's just a man and, for that matter, a man who's said some pretty daft things over the years.
    Care to name the "stupid things" he's said? also the man HAS PLAYED THE GAME at the heighest level and knows the ins and outs of the game too, especially when it comes to West Indian cricket, pardon me for thinking he'd know a tad bit more about WI's current situation than most of the posters on this forum!! .

  9. #774
    State Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    m
    Posts
    1,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    classic howsie

  10. #775
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,856
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Care to name the "stupid things" he's said? also the man HAS PLAYED THE GAME at the heighest level and knows the ins and outs of the game too, especially when it comes to West Indian cricket, pardon me for thinking he'd know a tad bit more about WI's current situation than most of the posters on this forum!! .
    I hear that the selectors also played the game at the highest level, tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  11. #776
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,159
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Care to name the "stupid things" he's said? also the man HAS PLAYED THE GAME at the heighest level and knows the ins and outs of the game too, especially when it comes to West Indian cricket, pardon me for thinking he'd know a tad bit more about WI's current situation than most of the posters on this forum!! .
    Croft's columns during the player's strike were awful.

    Honestly, if the basis of your arguments are always going to be 'famous player x agrees with me so I must be right and you're wrong because you never played Test cricket', why are you here? No-one regularly posting on this forum has played Tests so why bother? Why, for example, should we even bother with you when your opinions are in complete opposition to those of the selectors? Pulling the credibility argument when we're all in the same boat is a dick move.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 21-06-2010 at 09:15 PM.

  12. #777
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    What a pathetic cricket match.

  13. #778
    International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Croft's columns during the player's strike were awful.

    Honestly, if the basis of your arguments are always going to be 'famous player x agrees with me so I must be right and you're wrong because you never played Test cricket', why are you here? No-one regularly posting on this forum has played Tests so why bother? Why, for example, should we even bother with you when your opinions are in complete opposition to those of the selectors? Pulling the credibility argument when we're all in the same boat is a dick move.
    When people started being ignorant by claiming my opinion was "mad" that's when i played the Croft card, in an effort to make them fathom that if people who've actually played the game and have more knowledge about it than them agree with me then maybe my notion isn't as "mad" as they imply .

  14. #779
    State Captain Stapel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,932
    WW, you have convinced me that Colin Croft is a crap commentator. And that's about it!


    Now then, the game as it is: Any chance of quick wickets to fall on day 5? I don't think so...

  15. #780
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    lol great dig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* West Indies In Australia
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4358
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-10-2009, 04:18 AM
  3. Player Photos
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-11-2005, 02:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •