Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* South Africa in West Indies

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shivfan View Post
    Shiv and Nash are class, which is why you can't judge them on the last two or three Tests....

It's better to look at their career Test stats when making judgments about their inclusion.

With regards to Dowlin, as I've said before, I'm not a fan of his, but I do accept he merits another run with his Test stats. He's got his run, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped as soon as Barath regains his fitness.
    You're flip flopping now Mike!! .. you were blowing the "Dowlin trumpet" from the start and begging for the guy to be included even when i was telling you he's a waste of space, "stats" are a feeble excuse in this case as the guy simply lacks talent, and if we were just going on "stats" then Marlon Samuels should be right back in the team right now!! ,

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    So talking about two spinners who were in the top three wicket takers in the last four day regional season means i didn't want Shilly in the side? yep makes perfect sense!! , as i already said i was raving about him since his A-team performances against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh a few months ago, and defended him while others had doubts, you can also "research" those comments if you wish .
    Funnily enough searching for posts made by you which include Shillingford seems to come up with the likes of:

Well as everyone knows i've been backing Kantasingh and with Powell i'm just happy to see him progressing, he's got over 30 runs in his last three or four games since he moved to three and i believe he'll get better, then hopefully he'll be Sarwan's long term replacement.
    Nah Collins is too old now, the only bowlers who should be considered are Kantasingh and Khan imo,
    imo we've looked at the likes of Miller and Benn for far too long now, it's time to see what Imran Khan (last seasons top wicket taker), Kavesh Kantasingh and Devandre Bishoo can do, those are the new generation of spinners we have coming through, .
    It all goes back to the scattergun approach of supporting people (and the odd definition of success that you appear to have)

Then you have the temerity to go on to accuse others of "flip flopping"...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Disgraceful batting.

They've scored 38 runs in the 23 overs today. ****ing disgraceful.
    Of course, the innings is not helped by the left-arm 'spinner' Harris bowling every single delivery of the session over the wicket to the right-handed Bravo, pitching way outside leg....

This is extremely negative stuff from the Saffers.

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Funnily enough searching for posts made by you which include Shillingford seems to come up with the likes of:

It all goes back to the scattergun approach of supporting people (and the odd definition of success that you appear to have)

Then you have the temerity to go on to accuse others of "flip flopping"...
    Of look it's "Columbo"

Erm do you understand the term "flip flopping"? clearly not , "flip flopping" would be me totally running down Shilly before and now praising him, which is something i haven't done, my praising of Khan and Kantasingh was down to their performances in the regional competition and if you actually pay attention to WI cricket you'd see Khan actually got picked for the A-team and is still in it to this day, so my praise of him WAS JUSTIFIED!!,

Keep "analyzing" my posts though, hopefully it will improve your knowledge about WI cricket!! .
    Last edited by WindieWeathers; 21-06-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Of course, the innings is not helped by the left-arm 'spinner' Harris bowling every single delivery of the session over the wicket to the right-handed Bravo, pitching way outside leg....

They're not even trying to score. For instance Tsotsobe in his current spell has 6-5-2-0. It's more than a joke, it's disgrace to West Indies cricket to play like this. There's only team who can realistically win the game and it's the West Indies.

Chanderpaul out.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Partnership: 100 runs, 54.5 overs, RR: 1.82

/wrists

Bull ****.

Harris' figures for that session 10-2-15-0

The session yielded 39 runs from 25 overs, meaning they're going just as slow from the other end.
    Last edited by popepouri; 21-06-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    No you just blatantly made a subliminal comment about something i was debating with someone else!! , there's obviously a "HUGE" difference Mr M isn't there?!!
    No autographs, thanks.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

This is why I'm concerned about Chesney Hughes....

Will he follow the precedents of Chris Jordan, Maurice Chambers and Robbie Joseph, none of whom seem to be interested in WI cricket, despite learning how to play the game in the region.
    All of whom are FAR more WI standard than England too! They should take a lesson from Nash.

On another note, brilliant Ramdin. Flat pitch, crap bowling, hit it to point. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by popepouri View Post
    Bull ****.

Harris' figures for that session 10-2-15-0

The session yielded 39 runs from 25 overs, meaning they're going slower from the other end.
    Well the bowling is often a couple feet outside offstump, but I agree. Bravo in particular has lacked impetus. But then we look at Bangladesh today. Maybe it's a global disease affecting bad teams. Hmmm...

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    384 runs were scored by Windies in 1st 100 overs and only 96 came from next 60...jeeez thats some serious crawling!
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

I understand we had Australia in trouble in that Test, but it seems that these days our big performances seem to be in vain, the senior players seem to always turn up when we are already behind (one nil down in the series), why didn't they play like this in the first test? that's my argument.
    Pretty simple! They were playing on proper cricketing turf......and not on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by kingkallis View Post
    384 runs were scored by Windies in 1st 100 overs and only 96 came from next 60...jeeez thats some serious crawling!
    And in fairness, Graeme Smith would have it no other way. Done his best to ensure it with typically soulsapping cricket. Both sides have been rather disgraceful on the "entertainment" front today. And hey, it's no wrestling, but all sports should be entertaining.

Kallis just took his 50th wicket vs WI. That's 1/5 of his overall tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    All of whom are FAR more WI standard than England too! They should take a lesson from Nash.

On another note, brilliant Ramdin. Flat pitch, crap bowling, hit it to point. Brilliant.
    Give the guy a break! I have seen better knocks in tight situation against top class bowling attacks from him and Bravo as a pair...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    And in fairness, Graeme Smith would have it no other way. Done his best to ensure it with typically soulsapping cricket. Both sides have been rather disgraceful on the "entertainment" front today. And hey, it's no wrestling, but all sports should be entertaining.

Kallis just took his 50th wicket vs WI. That's 1/5 of his overall tally.
    2 lefties were scoring at 6 an over...WI scored 300+ yesterday! Obviously Smith was going to try to content them!

I thaught Windies would try to score 320/330 in the day and would give the SAF a hard time on the 5th day but....well! Bravo and Chander just gave in...

Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread Information