• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Briony

International Debutant
These two are almost looking the worst out of all the major nations. It seems both teams are bereft of talent, confidence, inspiration and intensity.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm looking forward to the ODI tonight which is being shown live in Australia.

I'm a bit concerned for the Windies, not sure they'll be able to last 50 overs if they lose Gayle and Chanderpaul quite early.

shivfan

Banned
We need to take a leaf out of T & T's book. They are a well oiled machine when it comes to T20. We could do much worse than include some more members of that team in the short-term tbh.

Also Mike, there is simply no way Shiv or Sarwan are better T20 players than Lendl Simmons. I wish the WICB would just tell us what he did wrong on the tour to Australia so we know where he stands.
yeah, Simmons is not even in the A team to tour England....

Personally, I think the Guyanese trio of Chanderpaul, Sarwan and Deonarine will enjoy batting in the 50-overs version better. But it remains to be seen whether Bravo can recapture his touch as a batsman, and whether Pollard can prove Holding wrong, and translate his 20/20 skills to ODI cricket.
:cool:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
yeah, Simmons is not even in the A team to tour England....

Personally, I think the Guyanese trio of Chanderpaul, Sarwan and Deonarine will enjoy batting in the 50-overs version better. But it remains to be seen whether Bravo can recapture his touch as a batsman, and whether Pollard can prove Holding wrong, and translate his 20/20 skills to ODI cricket.
:cool:
Bravo was the only guy who looked even remotely like an international batsman in the two T20's so let's hope he's back to form.

kingkallis

International Coach
My Windies T20 team (I accept that some of these players are on tour with the A team):

Chris Gayle
William Perkins
Lendl Simmons
Dwayne Bravo
Darren Bravo (If not I guess we could play Shiv or Sarwan)
Kieron Pollard
Darren Sammy
A Wicket Keeper (Thomas? Walton)
Jerome Taylor
Sulieman Benn
Kemar Roach
Why there is no place for Dwayne Smith or Adrian Barath? Dwayne is a dynamite with bat and decent enough with ball...

Beamer

Why there is no place for Dwayne Smith or Adrian Barath? Dwayne is a dynamite with bat and decent enough with ball...
He is being punished for losing a T20 match against ZImbabwe with a wild hoik accross the line. Barath is injured and has also been told to concentrate on the longer format for now.

Incidentally, Shiv has been left out of todays ODI lineup as has Kemar Roach. I find that absolutely extraordinary tbh. WTF is going on with out management team and selectors? They really couldn't run a p*ss up in a brewery:@.

This could easily qualify as the worst 'full strength' West Indies ODI lineup for a long long time.

Chris Gayle(c)
Andre Fletcher
Dwayne Bravo
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Narsingh Deonarine
Kieron Pollard
Denesh Ramdin(w)
Darren Sammy
Nikita Miller
Jerome Taylor
Ravi Rampaul

Awful just awful. Can the A team hurry up and tour England please? We need some of those players desperately.

akilana

International 12th Man
I really start to like Amla. Wish AB could learn a thing or two from him and doesn't throw away his wickets in tests. AB should be averaging near 50 in tests.

Why's Duminy there? He may get a 50 or a single digit score today but he should be sent back to domestic cricket to find form or different career. I think he's going to be an under-achiever.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Got on just before Duminy's wicket :D

Had a feeling SA may stumble going for it at the death. WI have gotten pretty good at death bowling recently.

Beamer

Very annoyed that AB got to his century tbh. He was hit right in front of middle and off by a Rampaul yorker on 99. Harper gave it not out.

Let us hope the umpiring improves dramatically when the real cricket starts in June.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
There's definitely a Klusener-esque look to Miller. Maybe not in the backlift but on how organized he is at death and the timing. It's obvious that Klusener was his hero being from the same province.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'm not streaming this to get a good look myself, just have the cricinfo doohickey in the background.

Is Sarwan just having a plonk of a day, or are South Africa bowling really really well to him and Deonarine? Or both?

ed: looking at the cricinfo thingaboo, they've switched the bowlers average for economy (a la t20), but have left the batsmens' average where it is. Heh

Last edited: