Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* South Africa in West Indies

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Chesney Hughes does well for the rest of this season and next and I wouldn't mind him getting a chance.
    Surely he would have to break his County contract for that to happen? I mean, he's signed as a Briton.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Actually Gayle and Benn are friends. Or were anyway before the bustup.
    Gayle made it clear recently that he and Benn are still friends, but that some things are unacceptable and have to be said.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    The crab still has it.

This is definitely a draw pitch though.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    And who would those "two spinners" be then? because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,
    Searching your posts and spinners brings up the following couple:

Imran Khan (the best spinner in the region right now)

the spinner who looks like he's taking his game to the next level is Kavesh Kantasingh, the last time we spoke about him you wrote him off but the kid is really starting to hit form now, he's now got 21 wickets, including five in his current game against Jamaica, the good thing about him is he's getting maidens too and he's got the ability to clean bowl batters with his spin, five of his wickets have come that way, Imran Khan hasn't even clean bowled anyone yet, i really think Kantasingh might surprise a few people.
    And incidentally no mention advocating Shillingford...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Surely he would have to break his County contract for that to happen? I mean, he's signed as a Briton.
    True. Would depend on his allegiances. Should play for Leewards next season.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Banned
    Any word about your mate Dowlin Mike? i'm surprised you even have the cheek to try and call me out on that one, Chanders has been shocking for the past year and Nash didn't cover himself in glory in the first Test either , granted it's nice to see the lads prove that they are actually proper cricketers for a change but like the second test against Australia last December the hard work is only likely to get us a draw in the end.
    Shiv and Nash are class, which is why you can't judge them on the last two or three Tests....

It's better to look at their career Test stats when making judgments about their inclusion.

With regards to Dowlin, as I've said before, I'm not a fan of his, but I do accept he merits another run with his Test stats. He's got his run, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped as soon as Barath regains his fitness.

Banned
    And who would those "two spinners" be then? because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,

Secondly i simply think it's time for the younger generation to get a chance, as good as Nash and Chanders have been in this Test they were shocking in the last one, Collin Croft has called for the seniors to be dropped too, a legend of a bowler who knows the game inside out so do you believe you know more about cricket than he does? .
    I always have difficulty following a lot of what Croft has to say....

shilly has earned his place in the side, thanks to good performances in the A team, but aside from Darren Bravo, who's bound to get his chance soon, who else has really been outstanding in the current A team tour of England? I can only see bowling allrounder Andre Russell, and Windwards batsmen Devon Smith and Andre Fletcher.

Banned
    This is why I'm concerned about Chesney Hughes....

Will he follow the precedents of Chris Jordan, Maurice Chambers and Robbie Joseph, none of whom seem to be interested in WI cricket, despite learning how to play the game in the region.

High scoring draws bore me. It's funny that they would prepare a pitch like this when they need a result.
    Last edited by popepouri; 21-06-2010 at 08:44 AM.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Shiv to slowly grind a double ton, match to grind to a draw, batsmen pad their stats as well as each others backs, c'est la vie.

Disgraceful batting.

They've scored 38 runs in the 23 overs today. ****ing disgraceful.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 21-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

And that's lunch, another couple of maidens against nothing bowling so the session becomes:

39 runs off 26 overs.

Gutless and cowardly cricket from the West Indies. They should be getting booed by the entire crowd.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    I just saw the score, and thought it must have been a delayed start.

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    I didn't quote you or address anything toward you. That you think I did speaks for itself.
    No you just blatantly made a subliminal comment about something i was debating with someone else!! , there's obviously a "HUGE" difference Mr M isn't there?!!

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Searching your posts and spinners brings up the following couple:

And incidentally no mention advocating Shillingford...
    So talking about two spinners who were in the top three wicket takers in the last four day regional season means i didn't want Shilly in the side? yep makes perfect sense!! , as i already said i was raving about him since his A-team performances against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh a few months ago, and defended him while others had doubts, you can also "research" those comments if you wish .

Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread Information