Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* South Africa in West Indies

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Yes, but if you make enough crazy predictions eventually one has to be right...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Any word about your mate Dowlin Mike? i'm surprised you even have the cheek to try and call me out on that one, Chanders has been shocking for the past year and Nash didn't cover himself in glory in the first Test either , granted it's nice to see the lads prove that they are actually proper cricketers for a change but like the second test against Australia last December the hard work is only likely to get us a draw in the end.
    Can't help but feel you're missing the point. The only team fighting for a draw on day 5 was Australia, the WI just didn't quite have the bowling support to take advantage of the great batting by Gayle after Benn and Roach put them in with a chance on day 3 (you'll always struggle when Bravo is your 1st change).

And this Test is a perfect example of why you don't drop class players just because they're having a bad trot.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 20-06-2010 at 04:49 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Yes, but if you make enough crazy predictions eventually one has to be right...
    Don't be mad because i know a good spinner when i see one!! .

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Can't help but feel you're missing the point. The only team fighting for a draw on day 5 was Australia, the WI just didn't quite have the bowling support to take advantage of the great batting by Gayle after Benn and Roach put them in with a chance on day 3 (you'll always struggle when Bravo is your 1st change).

And this Test is a perfect example of why you don't drop class players just because they're having a bad trot.
    I understand we had Australia in trouble in that Test, but it seems that these days our big performances seem to be in vain, the senior players seem to always turn up when we are already behind (one nil down in the series), why didn't they play like this in the first test? that's my argument.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    LOL @ questioning whether Chanders and Nash are proper cricketers.

Some things never change. And some things I truly do not miss.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    LOL @ questioning whether Chanders and Nash are proper cricketers.

And clearly you distorting my opinion hasn't "changed" either Mr M!!.. that's something i certainly haven't missed too!! ,

I was merely talking about the teams performance in the first Test, being all out for 102 was schoolboy stuff and simply unacceptable!!.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Don't be mad because i know a good spinner when i see one!! .
    Rate him so much that in the past few months you've advocated at least 2 other spinners ahead of him?

Like I said, make enough crazy predictions and one will eventually come right.

However the other calls (such as dropping Chanderpaul and Nash) kind of outweigh the one success (if 7 wickets @ an average of over 50 can be called a success)

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Rate him so much that in the past few months you've advocated at least 2 other spinners ahead of him?

Like I said, make enough crazy predictions and one will eventually come right.

However the other calls (such as dropping Chanderpaul and Nash) kind of outweigh the one success (if 7 wickets @ an average of over 50 can be called a success)
    And who would those "two spinners" be then? because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,

Secondly i simply think it's time for the younger generation to get a chance, as good as Nash and Chanders have been in this Test they were shocking in the last one, Collin Croft has called for the seniors to be dropped too, a legend of a bowler who knows the game inside out so do you believe you know more about cricket than he does? .
    Last edited by WindieWeathers; 20-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.

And who would those "two spinners" be then? because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,

Secondly i simply think it's time for the younger generation to get a chance, as good as Nash and Chanders have been in this Test they were shocking in the last one, Collin Croft has called for the seniors to be dropped too, a legend of a bolwer who knows the game inside out so do you believe you know more about cricket than he does? .

There are countless former cricketers who say you don't bleed entire set of new players at the same time. You think you know better cricket than all of'em?
    You know what don't bother to answer that, you do think that.

Quote Originally Posted by L Trumper View Post
    There are countless former cricketers who say you don't bleed entire set of new players at the same time. You think you know better cricket than all of'em?
    You know what don't bother to answer that, you do think that.
    My point is the notion that the seniors should be dropped WAS NOT JUST MY OPINION, respected people inside the game in the West Indies have also expressed the same views, you and others might think it's "mad", but that's easy to say when it's not your team that's suffering .

My point is the notion that the seniors should be dropped WAS NOT JUST MY OPINION, respected people inside the game in the West Indies have also expressed the same views, you and others might think it's "mad", but that's easy to say when it's not your team that's suffering .
    Well as far back as I can remember I have always supported WI, just because i ain't born there, doesn't make it not my team.
    Last edited by L Trumper; 20-06-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylez View Post
    Yeah, it's well known that Gayle and Benn don't like each other.
    Actually Gayle and Benn are friends. Or were anyway before the bustup.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Very pleased to see the WI carry on after Gayle was out. I feared a Windies collapse, especially with Chanderpaul looking terribly scratchy at the beginning and Bravo coming in at 6. I do think WI have the best chance out of the two teams to win this game, though of course, an incredibly small chance. Best bet would be to notch up 600 asap tonight and see if they can make inroads into the SA lie up. Unlikely, but it could happen.

I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise the 'senior' players after they improved on their previous performance in the first Test. Had they scored mountains of runs in the first test then bomb out here I think it'd be fair to be up in arms, but this is clearly a good sign to see Chanderpaul and Nash back in the runs after a deprived stretch.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    NO problem with blooding young players but they've had to have been playing well for at least two seasons. Chesney Hughes does well for the rest of this season and next and I wouldn't mind him getting a chance. Bravo does well next season and I'm all for him getting a chance.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    And clearly you distorting my opinion hasn't "changed" either Mr M!!.. that's something i certainly haven't missed too!! ,

I was merely talking about the teams performance in the first Test, being all out for 102 was schoolboy stuff and simply unacceptable!!.
    I didn't quote you or address anything toward you. That you think I did speaks for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post

Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread Information