• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Erm even after his performances against England and Australia you were dissing him, saying "he will never be Test class".. but now all of a sudden you've changed your tune? 8-) yep that's what i call flip flopping Mr M!!, just admit your judgment was poor and keep it moving man, no need to catch feelings over it!! :laugh: .
Okay, 3 things:
1. I am not a stubborn ass like some, and do change my mind, and am fully entitled to do so. If that is flipflopping, well thank God I have the humility to be a flipflop.
2. I have never suggested that Benn has never bowled well, nor that he never will. I'd like you to show me where I have. Everything I've ever posted on this site is on record, so by all means.
3. I still don't think Benn will ever be world class. In fact, I don't think he will average under 38 when all is said and done, and no bowler can be world class with an average over 38. Regardless of what you think of that bowler.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't seen them, but surely they can't have been that bad a decision if the fielders weren't prepared to ask for a review?
They looked absolutely convinced about the edge, but probably weren't prepared to risk their last review on it, (I presume) on the basis of 1 or 2 questionable review decisions in this series.

Howsie

International Captain
Sulieman Benn, test bowling average of 42.16.

Nah he's still crap, he'll still finish with an average of over 40.

Jayzamann

International Regular
The only drama I can derive is from the bold text in the cricinfo commentary. Sounds comical, though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
from cricinfo:

Alexandria: "What a Year Benn is having in the last year hes got all 3 of his 5fors. West Indies have finally found there top class spinner they havent had one of those since Lancelot Gibbs."
WW's real name is Alexandria and I claim my £5.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Okay, 3 things:
1. I am not a stubborn ass like some, and do change my mind, and am fully entitled to do so. If that is flipflopping, well thank God I have the humility to be a flipflop.
2. I have never suggested that Benn has never bowled well, nor that he never will. I'd like you to show me where I have. Everything I've ever posted on this site is on record, so by all means.
3. I still don't think Benn will ever be world class. In fact, I don't think he will average under 38 when all is said and done, and no bowler can be world class with an average over 38. Regardless of what you think of that bowler.
So now you're denying that you totally wrote off Benn in the past? i thought you were bigger than that Mr M!! 8-) , i simply haven't got the time to "dig through your posts" to be honest, you and i both know you were calling for Miller and Jaggs to replace him not that long ago,

Benn has taken six wickets in this innings against the Number two ranked side in the world, you saying "he could never been world class" just personifies my point, right now the guy is getting BETTER AND BETTER!!, the likes of Swann wasn't even playing Test cricket aged 28 but look at him now aged 31? Benn is turning into a monster and i think he's got every chance of taking that next step forward and becoming world class.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So now you're denying that you totally wrote off Benn in the past? i thought you were bigger than that Mr M!! 8-) , i simply haven't got the time to "dig through your posts" to be honest, you and i both know you were calling for Miller and Jaggs to replace him not that long ago,
Calling for someone to be replaced is not the same as writing someone off.

Benn has taken six wickets in this innings against the Number two ranked side in the world, you saying "he could never been world class" just personifies my point, right now the guy is getting BETTER AND BETTER!!, the likes of Swann wasn't even playing Test cricket aged 28 but look at him now aged 31? Benn is turning into a monster and i think he's got every chance of taking that next step forward and becoming world class.
He's got a few steps to go before world class, such as becoming a passable Test bowler for a start.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And a comment about Steyn :mad2: , if that prat isn't banned for a long spell after spitting in Benn's direction then imo it's clear the ICC are prejudice!!, "best fast bowler in the world" or not that behavior is simply unacceptable, they came down on Benn like a ton of bricks even though it was Johnson who barged into him in the Australia series so lets so how they react to this incident!! 8-) .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Calling for someone to be replaced is not the same as writing someone off.

He's got a few steps to go before world class, such as becoming a passable Test bowler for a start.
Oh look Marc is talking for others AGAIN!! 8-) , for your information HE WROTE OFF BENN and then claimed MILLER AND JAGGAMOUTH ARE BETTER AND SHOULD REPLACE HIM, so trying to twist debates that you wasn't even involved in is quite frivolous imo,

And if he isn't a "passable Test bowler" then what does that say about Test sides such as England, Australia and South Africa who he's taken 4, 5 and now 6fers against in the last 18 months?!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Oh look Mac is talking for others AGAIN!! 8-) , for your information HE WROTE OFF BENN and then claimed MILLER AND JAGGAMOUTH ARE BETTER AND SHOULD REPLACE HIM, so trying to twist debates that you wasn't even involved in is quite frivolous imo,

And if he isn't a "passable Test bowler" then what does that say about Test sides such as England, Australia and South Africa who he's taken 4, 5 and 6fers against in the last 18 months?!! :laugh:
Still averages about 40 with a SR of over 80 in the mentioned period tbh, doesn't matter if he takes the occasional 5-fer as long as he's ****e usually.

akilana

International 12th Man
And a comment about Steyn :mad2: , if that prat isn't banned for a long spell after spitting in Benn's direction then imo it's clear the ICC are prejudice!!, "best fast bowler in the world" or not that behavior is simply unacceptable, they came down on Benn like a ton of bricks even though it was Johnson who barged into him in the Australia series so lets so how they react to this incident!! 8-) .
But Benn is an idiot.