• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wed May 19
1st T20I - West Indies v South Africa
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Thu May 20
2nd T20I - West Indies v South Africa

Sat May 22
1st ODI - West Indies v South Africa

Mon May 24
2nd ODI - West Indies v South Africa

Fri May 28
3rd ODI - West Indies v South Africa
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

Sun May 30
4th ODI - West Indies v South Africa
Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica

Thu Jun 3
5th ODI - West Indies v South Africa
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Sun Jun 6 - Mon Jun 7
TBC v South Africans
Chedwin Park, Spanish Town, Jamaica

Thu Jun 10 - Mon Jun 14
1st Test - West Indies v South Africa
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Fri Jun 18 - Tue Jun 22
2nd Test - West Indies v South Africa
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Sat Jun 26 - Wed Jun 30
3rd Test - West Indies v South Africa
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nicely balanced tour this; 2 T20Is, 5 ODIs and 3 Tests, with everything building up to the TEsts. Would be made better if the tour fixture was longer than 2 days, but will take it.

SA to be undeafeated in the Tests btw, no idea about the limited overs stuff though.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
West Indies hasn't been announced yet (they always announce things ridiculously late, that's just the way they roll!). The SA squads are:

ODI and T20 squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Loots Bosman, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Charl Langeveldt, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, David Miller, Alviro Petersen, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe

Test squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
West Indies hasn't been announced yet (they always announce things ridiculously late, that's just the way they roll!). The SA squads are:

ODI and T20 squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Loots Bosman, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Charl Langeveldt, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, David Miller, Alviro Petersen, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe

Test squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Jacques Kallis (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Johan Botha, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Paul Harris, Ryan McLaren, Morne Morkel, Wayne Parnell, Alviro Petersen, Ashwell Prince, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe
No Rusty? That's sad.

akilana

International 12th Man
I think the SA would take the tests but I want Duminy to not shine so they can send him back to domestic cricket. 2 or 3 fifty and he'd retain his place. He has technical issues to sort out.

I won't mind if SA lose the ODIs and T20 because they're carrying so many out of form, not-deserved-to guys in their teams.

Gibbs, Bossman, V Der Merve, etc should go back to where they are good at, doemstic cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think the SA would take the tests but I want Duminy to not shine so they can send him back to domestic cricket. 2 or 3 fifty and he'd retain his place. He has technical issues to sort out.

I won't mind if SA lose the ODIs and T20 because they're carrying so many out of form, not-deserved-to guys in their teams.

Gibbs, Bossman, V Der Merve, etc should go back to where they are good at, doemstic cricket.
I can't see Gibbs name anywhere? I don't exactly mind Bossman, I think he actually offers something for SA, he's similar to Warner I guess.

I'm looking forward to the Tests, I don't think SA will win it 3-0.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain

I have a strange feeling we might win a test but lose the other two. Our test cricket has not been too bad recently and we have JT back from injury to help out young Roach.

The ODI's will be swept by SA as we just have not worked out how to play ODI's against decent opposition. If Gayle fires we might win a match I suppose but that will be about the only joy we take from the limited overs stuff IMHO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who was it that lost lots of money when England lost the series in West Indies?

Anyway whoever that was, I could be that guy in 2010, because I'll be putting a fair bit on SA for the tests I reckon.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
At least a year from now, or a year from when the injury occurred?
Should be back early next year, but to be honest i doubt he'll even be the same player he was before the injury and i'd rather give our young pacers a chance, we've got Jason Holder, Shannon Gabriel and Nelon Pascal (who'll probably get his chance in this series) doing well for the A-team so i'd expect one of those to be a fixture in our bowling unit by the time Fidel is fit.

As for this series, in the short games it's a toss up really, the tests will be very interesting though, it will be our first under Gibson and we put up a spirited showing in our last two tests against the Aussies, no doubt the likes of Steyn, Morkel, Amla and Kallis will be hard to overcome but on the other hand i'm confident we'll have a spell where we make them look average, and it's whether we take advantage of that moment that could make all the difference in the end.

shivfan

Banned
Gibbs and Albie Morkel have been dropped, while Alviro Petersen and Amla come into the squad....

As for the WI, their A team is currently playing a couple of unofficial 'Tests' in Bangladesh right now, so I don't expect any players currently on A team duties playing any part in the 20/20 and ODI series.

However, that will probably change for the Test series....

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sure some young guy who took two wickets and scored 19 runs in the local 2nd grade competition will turn up on the day.

shivfan

Banned
The WI have named their squad for the two 20/20 matches and the first two ODIs, all of which will be played in Antigua....

It's the same squad that played in the world 20/20 champs, minus Wavell Hinds, who hasn't been replaced.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
The WI have named their squad for the two 20/20 matches and the first two ODIs, all of which will be played in Antigua....

It's the same squad that played in the world 20/20 champs, minus Wavell Hinds, who hasn't been replaced.
Darren Bravo anyone? Kid looks an amazing talent.

gvenkat

State Captain
West Indies might actually do well in Tests and T20's thatn the ODI's. They simply don't know how to play ODI cricket.

Their Test record especially at home has been better than their ODI's. I doubt if they will win a Test match, however I feel they will run them close. I expect the Tests to be pretty well fought provided there are no injuries to key players in West Indies.

I predict 1-1 in T20's 4-1 for SA in the ODI's and a hard fought 2-0 for the Saffies in the Tests.