• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And who would those "two spinners" be then? 8-) because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,
Searching your posts and spinners brings up the following couple:

Imran Khan (the best spinner in the region right now)

the spinner who looks like he's taking his game to the next level is Kavesh Kantasingh, the last time we spoke about him you wrote him off but the kid is really starting to hit form now, he's now got 21 wickets, including five in his current game against Jamaica, the good thing about him is he's getting maidens too and he's got the ability to clean bowl batters with his spin, five of his wickets have come that way, Imran Khan hasn't even clean bowled anyone yet, i really think Kantasingh might surprise a few people.
And incidentally no mention advocating Shillingford...

shivfan

Banned
Any word about your mate Dowlin Mike? :laugh: i'm surprised you even have the cheek to try and call me out on that one, Chanders has been shocking for the past year and Nash didn't cover himself in glory in the first Test either :unsure: , granted it's nice to see the lads prove that they are actually proper cricketers for a change but like the second test against Australia last December the hard work is only likely to get us a draw in the end.
Shiv and Nash are class, which is why you can't judge them on the last two or three Tests....

It's better to look at their career Test stats when making judgments about their inclusion.

With regards to Dowlin, as I've said before, I'm not a fan of his, but I do accept he merits another run with his Test stats. He's got his run, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped as soon as Barath regains his fitness.

shivfan

Banned
And who would those "two spinners" be then? 8-) because i've been calling for Shilly to play since he pulled up trees for the A-team a few months ago,

Secondly i simply think it's time for the younger generation to get a chance, as good as Nash and Chanders have been in this Test they were shocking in the last one, Collin Croft has called for the seniors to be dropped too, a legend of a bowler who knows the game inside out so do you believe you know more about cricket than he does? :unsure: .
I always have difficulty following a lot of what Croft has to say....
:unsure:
shilly has earned his place in the side, thanks to good performances in the A team, but aside from Darren Bravo, who's bound to get his chance soon, who else has really been outstanding in the current A team tour of England? I can only see bowling allrounder Andre Russell, and Windwards batsmen Devon Smith and Andre Fletcher.

shivfan

Banned
Surely he would have to break his County contract for that to happen? I mean, he's signed as a Briton.
This is why I'm concerned about Chesney Hughes....

Will he follow the precedents of Chris Jordan, Maurice Chambers and Robbie Joseph, none of whom seem to be interested in WI cricket, despite learning how to play the game in the region.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
High scoring draws bore me. It's funny that they would prepare a pitch like this when they need a result.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Shiv to slowly grind a double ton, match to grind to a draw, batsmen pad their stats as well as each others backs, c'est la vie.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disgraceful batting.

They've scored 38 runs in the 23 overs today. ****ing disgraceful.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

And that's lunch, another couple of maidens against nothing bowling so the session becomes:

39 runs off 26 overs.

Gutless and cowardly cricket from the West Indies. They should be getting booed by the entire crowd.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Searching your posts and spinners brings up the following couple:

And incidentally no mention advocating Shillingford...
So talking about two spinners who were in the top three wicket takers in the last four day regional season means i didn't want Shilly in the side? yep makes perfect sense!! 8-) , as i already said i was raving about him since his A-team performances against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh a few months ago, and defended him while others had doubts, you can also "research" those comments if you wish :unsure: .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Shiv and Nash are class, which is why you can't judge them on the last two or three Tests....

It's better to look at their career Test stats when making judgments about their inclusion.

With regards to Dowlin, as I've said before, I'm not a fan of his, but I do accept he merits another run with his Test stats. He's got his run, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's dropped as soon as Barath regains his fitness.
You're flip flopping now Mike!! :laugh:.. you were blowing the "Dowlin trumpet" from the start and begging for the guy to be included even when i was telling you he's a waste of space, "stats" are a feeble excuse in this case as the guy simply lacks talent, and if we were just going on "stats" then Marlon Samuels should be right back in the team right now!! 8-) ,

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So talking about two spinners who were in the top three wicket takers in the last four day regional season means i didn't want Shilly in the side? yep makes perfect sense!! 8-) , as i already said i was raving about him since his A-team performances against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh a few months ago, and defended him while others had doubts, you can also "research" those comments if you wish :unsure: .
Funnily enough searching for posts made by you which include Shillingford seems to come up with the likes of:

Well as everyone knows i've been backing Kantasingh and with Powell i'm just happy to see him progressing, he's got over 30 runs in his last three or four games since he moved to three and i believe he'll get better, then hopefully he'll be Sarwan's long term replacement.
Nah Collins is too old now, the only bowlers who should be considered are Kantasingh and Khan imo,
imo we've looked at the likes of Miller and Benn for far too long now, it's time to see what Imran Khan (last seasons top wicket taker), Kavesh Kantasingh and Devandre Bishoo can do, those are the new generation of spinners we have coming through, .
It all goes back to the scattergun approach of supporting people (and the odd definition of success that you appear to have)

Then you have the temerity to go on to accuse others of "flip flopping"...

shivfan

Banned
Disgraceful batting.

They've scored 38 runs in the 23 overs today. ****ing disgraceful.
Of course, the innings is not helped by the left-arm 'spinner' Harris bowling every single delivery of the session over the wicket to the right-handed Bravo, pitching way outside leg....

This is extremely negative stuff from the Saffers.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Funnily enough searching for posts made by you which include Shillingford seems to come up with the likes of:

It all goes back to the scattergun approach of supporting people (and the odd definition of success that you appear to have)

Then you have the temerity to go on to accuse others of "flip flopping"...
Of look it's "Columbo" :laugh:

Erm do you understand the term "flip flopping"? clearly not 8-) , "flip flopping" would be me totally running down Shilly before and now praising him, which is something i haven't done, my praising of Khan and Kantasingh was down to their performances in the regional competition and if you actually pay attention to WI cricket you'd see Khan actually got picked for the A-team and is still in it to this day, so my praise of him WAS JUSTIFIED!!,

Keep "analyzing" my posts though, hopefully it will improve your knowledge about WI cricket!! :unsure: .

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Of course, the innings is not helped by the left-arm 'spinner' Harris bowling every single delivery of the session over the wicket to the right-handed Bravo, pitching way outside leg....

This is extremely negative stuff from the Saffers.
They're not even trying to score. For instance Tsotsobe in his current spell has 6-5-2-0. It's more than a joke, it's disgrace to West Indies cricket to play like this. There's only team who can realistically win the game and it's the West Indies.

Chanderpaul out.