• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Smith blasts ex-players/selectors via Twitter

Matt79

Global Moderator
Love how Twitter apparently means that there's no longer any requirement to act professionally re: keeping things in house!

Fat Grey's come out swinging in response to criticism of his team:
"Find it amazing that kepler can sit and say should have picked a younger squad when he was 1 of the selectors who chose it!unbelievable!" Smith wrote on Twitter and followed it up with "Atleast we own up to playing poorly.but all these so called experts/ex players im not sure I see a winners medal hanging round there necks!"

Punctuation and knowledge of homonyms ftl :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lolworthy stuff from the tubby blow-hard.

Fact is he's not a very good 2020 player. & SA obviously produce some batsmen who can score quickly 'cos our top order's full of them... :cool:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tend to agree with BB, but if Kepler was indeed criticising SA's selection policies while being a selector himself, that's definitely a bit rich.

Sir Alex

Banned
I saw one article saying SA top mgmt blaming IPL for not giving their players enough match practise and was like "Damn if u, damn if u don't"

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Twitter is the death of grammar and punctuation as we know it, TBH.

Debris

International 12th Man
I can understand the poor grammar. Typing on mobile phones is one of the most annoying things known to man.

_Ed_

I can understand the poor grammar. Typing on mobile phones is one of the most annoying things known to man.
Sure, but that doesn't excuse the use of 'there' instead of 'their'.

Nothing excuses that.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Suddenly cricketweb has become a place for grammar puritans 8-) Considering half the stuff that gets posted here, I find it hypocritical of people to criticize Smith's grammar in a twitter post. There is nothing wrong with what he said, infact it was a breath of fresh air compared to usual diplomatic bs coming from players.

Love how Twitter apparently means that there's no longer any requirement to act professionally re: keeping things in house!

Fat Grey's come out swinging in response to criticism of his team:
"Find it amazing that kepler can sit and say should have picked a younger squad when he was 1 of the selectors who chose it!unbelievable!" Smith wrote on Twitter and followed it up with "Atleast we own up to playing poorly.but all these so called experts/ex players im not sure I see a winners medal hanging round there necks!"

Punctuation and knowledge of homonyms ftl :(
Love the irony of grammatical errors and use of great English words like 'ftl' in a post dedicated to bashing someone over their grammar. 8-)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Suddenly cricketweb has become a place for grammar puritans 8-) Considering half the stuff that gets posted here, I find it hypocritical of people to criticize Smith's grammar in a twitter post. There is nothing wrong with what he said, infact it was a breath of fresh air compared to usual diplomatic bs coming from players.

Love the irony of grammatical errors and use of great English words like 'ftl' in a post dedicated to bashing someone over their grammar. 8-)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Cricketweb and Twitter should be capitalised, and 'in fact' is two words. Just FTR.

:ph34r:

Top_Cat

Indeed. I do also wonder what 'bs' is a contraction for.

EDIT: Cricket Web is two words, by the way.

Matt79

Global Moderator

Would love to know what you think were the grammatical mistakes in my post. I notice you've bolded "Fat Grey's", but as that was a contraction of "Fat Grey has" rather than the possessive, that doesn't really help. Acronyms are used widely on CW, so not really seeing your point there either. Finally, I thought it was pretty clear that my main issue was with the contents, with the expression a much less important aside, so I wouldn't call it a post dedicated to bashing is grammar. But good to see you taking time out from pondering whether Brett Lee is Chinese to contribute to the thread! :thumbsup:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I am no Twitter user. No account, no page, and hence no tweets. I try to avoid social networking as much as possible, and prefer forums and message boards. What do you make of that?

About SA's selection policies, I still can't get over the Bosman episode, if anyone caught it.