• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India A tour of England

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Very impressed with this young Indian team. Yuvraj now has some serious competition for his place.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Very impressed with this young Indian team. Yuvraj now has some serious competition for his place.
Pujara has been the star ,the whole tour for me.

But ultimately he won't get picked because he is not good at T20 and the IPL.:unsure:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Pujara continues his superb form as India look like getting the region of 280. Doubt it'll be enough with India's dire attack (where is RP Singh, Munaf Patel, Piyush Chawla) but has been a good series to separate the men from the boys.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not 100% lock, could be another Badrinath - all depends how long Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman stick around for,

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Not 100% lock, could be another Badrinath - all depends how long Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman stick around for,
And what has Badrinath done wrong?

For me Pujara is a replacement for Dravid in the long run.
He's been highly impressive since his under 19 days where he was the man of the series or atleast the best batsmen in the whole U-19 world Cup by a distance in Srilanka.

Since then he has almost carried Saurashtra's batting for 3 years at such a young age and was a key part in them becoming somewhat of a force in the Ranji Trophy and coming up from the second division.

Btw, the only reason Pujara has been not selected so far i think except politics ,is that he does not have a explosive gear which makes him somewhat struggle in Limited overs cricket on flat wickets. Though he is improving on this.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mukund is a good talent too.

He was very unlucky that Vijay got picked ahead of him for India.

Pandey though he has not had a particularly good tour,is a potential star for me in the future.

On Rahane i am not convinced that he has more to his game than being flat track bully.He has talent but hopefully he is not another Jaffer. I rate him but not very highly.

Dhawan has always been a talent.He gets excellent starts even in the most difficult of situations but does not convert into real big ones which has been his drawback now for a while. Uthappa also got strangely picked ahead of him for India.

Tiwary is the one i rate the least in this group. I rated him a while back ,but he seems more and more a flat track batsmen the more he plays in tougher conditions.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Saurabh Tiwary could be awesome in the limited overs game in the future. Should be considered ahead of Sharma and the others if Raina is dropped or injured.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Saurabh Tiwary could be awesome in the limited overs game in the future. Should be considered ahead of Sharma and the others if Raina is dropped or injured.
Talking about Manoj Tiwary here,not Saurabh.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
And what has Badrinath done wrong?
He has done **** all wrong, but I do not think he will become a long term fixture of the middle order, do you?

For me Pujara is a replacement for Dravid in the long run.
He's been highly impressive since his under 19 days where he was the man of the series or atleast the best batsmen in the whole U-19 world Cup by a distance in Srilanka.

Since then he has almost carried Saurashtra's batting for 3 years at such a young age and was a key part in them becoming somewhat of a force in the Ranji Trophy and coming up from the second division.

Btw, the only reason Pujara has been not selected so far i think except politics ,is that he does not have a explosive gear which makes him somewhat struggle in Limited overs cricket on flat wickets. Though he is improving on this.
He is improving on this and I think he'll be a good player in time to come with his prolific run scoring ability.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's Akash Chopra's review of the A-team selection and their performances. He's not at all happy with the excessive preference for youth over quality and merit. He's got a point, with the selection of some of the fast bowlers in this team being highly questionable. However, I don't agree with the needless IPL-bashing and also suggesting selection of more India regulars and a few fringe players.

This is a learning experience for these players, and should be treated as that and no more. While a few relatively senior players such as RP, Irfan and Ishant should have been on this tour to guide the youngsters, the A team should be treated less as a selection platform and more as a means to learn the finer points of playing abroad. The nonsensical youth-oriented, development-oriented selection in the Indian senior team can be used best here. The A-team can be the youth-oriented selection, while the immediate reserves can form a separate team, like a Board XI.

There have, however, been some consistent A-team performers for India who have never made the national team regularly, notably Chopra, Mishra (fair, not too impressive, but still a quality bowler), Bhandari and Badrinath. While Bhandari is a long shot for a selection, this should be a benchmark, consistent A-team performances, coupled with domestic records across all formats over a few seasons.