Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 92

Thread: India A tour of England

  1. #16
    Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Medway valley
    Posts
    5,816
    'A' teams playing each other at Leicester today, with Jaidev Unadkat taking seven wickets on first-class debut. Yet another left-arm seamer, India do seem to produce a lot of them.

  2. #17
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    'A' teams playing each other at Leicester today, with Jaidev Unadkat taking seven wickets on first-class debut. Yet another left-arm seamer, India do seem to produce a lot of them.
    He is an interesting one. He was dropped during the U19 World Cup but returned in the latter games. He came on first change and impressed, not with figures, but with a bit of zip and bounce that he had. He bowled at around 135kph, which is quite good for U19 cricket, and hit the bat hard and was played like someone who was bowling quickly. He then played for KKR in the IPL and did okay, but looked average. Will be interesting to see how he is actually bowling (obvs not that badly) atm.
    Last edited by Manee; 11-06-2010 at 08:45 AM.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

  3. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    He is an interesting one. He was dropped during the U19 World Cup but returned in the latter games. He came on first change and impressed, not with figures, but with a bit of zip and bounce that he had. He bowled at around 135kph, which is quite good for U19 cricket, and hit the bat hard and was played like someone who was bowling quickly. He then played for KKR in the IPL and did okay, but looked average. Will be interesting to see how he is actually bowling (obvs not that badly) atm.
    Rated highly by Akram

  4. #19
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Rated highly by Akram
    so was Irfan


  5. #20
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    so was Irfan
    He used to be very good though, It is usually assumed that a young bowler will improve with age, or at least, not lose every natural asset he once had. Alas, with India, such decline tends to be the common reality.

  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,823
    WIndies batting was woeful....

  7. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Lord look at those FC batting figures!

    Pujara 3692 runs @ 59
    Ajinkya Rahane 3621 @ 67
    Mukund - 2179 runs @ 54.5
    Tiwary - 2846 @ 55

    And we have Yuvraj, Raina, Kohli etc talked of as our next best.. ****.

  8. #23
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Lord look at those FC batting figures!

    Pujara 3692 runs @ 59
    Ajinkya Rahane 3621 @ 67
    Mukund - 2179 runs @ 54.5
    Tiwary - 2846 @ 55

    And we have Yuvraj, Raina, Kohli etc talked of as our next best.. ****.
    It is what happens when you value ODI figures more than FC figures regarding Test cricket. Tbf though, Yuvi, Raina and Kohli all have solid FC records, removing Tests in Yuvi's case.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    It is what happens when you value ODI figures more than FC figures regarding Test cricket. Tbf though, Yuvi, Raina and Kohli all have solid FC records, removing Tests in Yuvi's case.
    Not anything near what Rahane, Pujara etc are having. **** selectors can't look past IPL.

    They might turn out to be Hicks or Ramprakashs, but it is worth the effort trying them out rather than falling back on Yuvraj time and again, or worse accomodate Murali Vijay in the middle order etc.. They toyed with Gambhir like this, he should've ideally debuted when we were struggling to find anyone to open with Sehwag, like Chopra, Bangar etc.

    None of them out have any vision. It's limited to the next bloody IPL at best.

  10. #25
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Look at what Yuvi has done, minus Test cricket (and consider that his peak has been spent playing ODI cricket) and what Raina/Kohli have done in the last year or two.

  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,823
    I think this shows that talk about pushing young WI batsmen into the main team early in their careers may just be premature....

  12. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Manee View Post
    Look at what Yuvi has done, minus Test cricket (and consider that his peak has been spent playing ODI cricket) and what Raina/Kohli have done in the last year or two.
    Lol because you think Yuvraj is past his peak now.

    What has Kohli and Raina done except making tonloads of runs against SL or mediocre opposition on airport runways in ODIs and T20s?

  13. #28
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Lol because you think Yuvraj is past his peak now.

    What has Kohli and Raina done except making tonloads of runs against SL or mediocre opposition on airport runways in ODIs and T20s?
    Kohli and Raina both had strong First Class seasons in the past two years. Remember, that they started FC cricket when they were very young. Yuvraj Singh is not past his peak, but the bulk of his career, at the top of his game, has been spent with the ODI team, not inflating the FC average. The averages of Rahane and co are brilliant, but you must put them into perspective. The pitches are flat, the pace bowlers often slow and runs easy to come by. A 'good' average in an Indian domestic season is a lot higher than, say, in an English season and so this must be taken into account. However, this is still not to say we don't have a plethora of batting talent.

  14. #29
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Rated highly by Akram
    Any info on what Wasim particularly rates?

  15. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,823
    The WI bowlers have done well to peg back the Indians this morning....

    So far, Andre Russell has taken 5-44 to restrict India to 217-8.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Australia in England T20s and ODIs
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2187
    Last Post: 26-09-2009, 03:34 PM
  2. CMJ's top 100
    By bagapath in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 330
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 08:29 AM
  3. England vs India
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 22-10-2006, 12:16 AM
  4. Oldest Test Team?
    By chaminda_00 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-09-2006, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •