• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Man Behind The Afghan Dream

Life on Limbrick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The Man Behind The Afghan Dream

I thought they did ok, would definately like to see more of Hamid Hassan and Noor Ali.

quite a metioric rise when you think about it,

Did anyone take them to heart? With Afghanistan being war torn, I think it increases their appeal to the masses.

Like Georgia in the Rugby World Cup.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly didn't see them play in the 20/20s but you can't help but support them I reckon when considering their circumstances

Liked these comments

I see you recently won the ACC competition, how popular is cricket in your part of Asia? .

Cricket is the number one sports in Afghanistan everybody likes and loves the game.

How big is cricket in Afghanistan, compared to other popular sports in the country? .

In 2002 to 2005 football was the popular sport after the Afghan Under 15?s got awarded runner up in a competition between all of Asia. Then our national team won so many championships, cricket became well ahead of any other sports in the country, it?s currently the number one sport.