• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Bangladesh in England

King Pietersen

International Captain
One day games will be more intersting than the test series in terms of selection. Will England continue with the proven failure that is Prior? Will they go with the popular but risky option in Keiswetter? Or will they go with the right option :ph34r:

Will Wright be in there, will we play an extra batsman?
I'd imagine they'll go with Kieswetter, given he was in the last ODi squad and scored a century in his last ODi appearance. I'd be amazed if Kieswetter wasn't in the XI tbh.

As for the Test side. I see us going in with:

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bell
Prior
Swanneh
Broad
Anderson
Onions/Finn (depending on Onions' fitness)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice idea in theory, but I don't think Bresnan will be able to prove either against Bangladesh. Very likely we won't have to bat deep enough or have to bowl that many overs for him to really get much of a run with either discipline. And even if we did and he did make an impact it would always have the 'well it was only Bangladesh' proviso.
We do have another series later in the summer though.8-)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's awesome for Bangladesh that he's back and straight away they are off to a fast start. Bad start for Kirby, 27 off 3 overs.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is that the last two games now that Shakib hasn't played? Is he just sitting out to give others a chance, or is it an injury? Because if he's not injured, surely he should be doing all that he can to adjust to conditions rather than watching from the sidelines.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This Robiul Islam is having a good tour so far.Lets hope he can transfer that form into the tests as they need a pace bowler to come through.11 wickets so far in the 3 matches,pretty good return.

Last edited: