• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 is taking my interest from cricket away

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
seriously i am not enjoying cricket these days. its all about 20/20 games these days. why so few test series or ODI tournaments. I mean I understand limiting the number ODI's played ( though i dont agree with that too) but why so few test series?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Recommend not watching them then, old fruit.

Missing out on gems like Jayawardene's knock today if you don't tho. Even the staunchest T20 knocker could enjoy that IMHO.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Hate to blow your bubbles bud...but it ain't happenin for Pens........

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
I've been completely off Cricket (and onto Golf) for a month or two, myself. I haven't seen more than a minute of the Twenty20 World Cup, and I'm happy about that. That minute was a short highlight of Clarke being dismissed on the news, this morning.

The problem is, it won't go away. I have to suffer because of some bloody Indian's (not being racist) and other idiots who want to watch some quick hacks for entertainment.

I wish it'd all go away as well, but quite frankly, we can't do anything about it. When it's watched, it's played.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I've been completely off Cricket (and onto Golf) for a month or two, myself. I haven't seen more than a minute of the Twenty20 World Cup, and I'm happy about that. That minute was a short highlight of Clarke being dismissed on the news, this morning.

The problem is, it won't go away. I have to suffer because of some bloody Indian's (not being racist) and other idiots who want to watch some quick hacks for entertainment.

I wish it'd all go away as well, but quite frankly, we can't do anything about it. When it's watched, it's played.
Disagree entirely.

You mentioned it yourself, you watched a minute of the Twenty20 World Cup. Why does it bother you if it hardly disrupts your routine? Everyone has the choice of how much Twenty20 cricket to pay attention too. The population of Australia is almost hidden from the format, World Cup’s played in early morning, IPL played in the middle of the night on a channel not everyone has access too, KFC Big Bash only shown on pay-TV. You almost have to make a serious effort to catch the format in Australia.

Twenty20 cricket, like all sport, is a form of entertainment. Funny how numerous people find it entertaining.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jake, while you might not mean any offense by it, a statement like this could easily be interpreted as a slight towards a whole nationality, so please avoid it in the future.

pasag

RTDAS

Are these the same Indians who asked Australia for more Tests?

You've got your head in the sand if you don't think that every single board in the world isn't looking for a way onto the Twenty20 gravy train (see CL).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What in the holy ****?

There's no apostrophe in 'Indians'

Last edited:

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
20/20 gets so boring after a while. they have made it so easy for the batsmen to hit sixes. In ODI or a test hitting a six is a special thing, but in 20/20 its nothing, even the commentators get bored if you notice, they dont comment as much

chris.hinton

International Captain
seriously i am not enjoying cricket these days. its all about 20/20 games these days. why so few test series or ODI tournaments. I mean I understand limiting the number ODI's played ( though i dont agree with that too) but why so few test series?
Firstly, I agree i fear an overkill but hey we are World Champions

Secondly you location is very worrying unless your a girl and thats ok :dontgetit:dontgetit

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Obviously T20 has a lot of Indian fans. But you have a lot of Indian fans in general. As far as I am aware (correct me if I'm wrong), domestic t20 tourneys get sold out or otherwise do very well in England and Australia too. So I think that's slightly unfair. The epicenter of fandom of any format is going to be India due to both the sheer number of people and it being
the primary sport. Even Tests, as much as some of us may fear for it, in absolute terms it's still going to have most fans and revenues from India.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Obviously T20 has a lot of Indian fans. But you have a lot of Indian fans in general. As far as I am aware (correct me if I'm wrong), domestic t20 tourneys get sold out or otherwise do very well in England and Australia too. So I think that's slightly unfair. The epicenter of fandom of any format is going to be India due to both the sheer number of people and it being
the primary sport. Even Tests, as much as some of us may fear for it, in absolute terms it's still going to have most fans and revenues from India.
I'm guessing that jake was criticising India based on the idea that they seem to be the ones promoting more 20/20 through the creation of the IPL which has led to the formation of domestic leagues in England and Australia. While saying the most revenue and fans come from India, India needs other big cricketing nations just as much as we need India. I imagine the Ashes makes a lot more money than the B/G trophy.