• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

watching test cricket at stadium?

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
is watching test cricket at stadium boring? i mean i like watching test cricket at home, but at home i can do other stuff when i am watching, i can even take breaks from watching boring slow sessions, but this can't happen at a stadium. how do people manage? also what do people do when some times half of the play of the day is rained out?

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I've been to 3 days of Test cricket, and out of the three days, only one session was boring. When we went the first time (2nd day of SA vs India at Newlands, 2007), my dad brought a book to read in case things got boring, but he never took it out. When the game is a bit slow, you can have fun watching the other spectators or striking up conversations with the random people sitting next to you. I don't know about rain or bad light, though, that probably sucks if you're at the ground.

I'd definitely recommend going to the stadium if you can, it's a fantastic experience. I'm planning to go see India at Newlands early next year :)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I love my cricket and go to watch at the ground as often as I can, but to be honest there are times when it can get boring. Watching the opposition pile up a massive partnership isn't always all that much fun. Also, the view you get of the bowling is never as good as you get on TV.

All that having been said, it's still definitely worth going. When it's good, it's just amazing and you'll never forget it.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Fortunately they have bars at the ground. Spent most of Steyn's innings at the MCG there.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I love my cricket and go to watch at the ground as often as I can, but to be honest there are times when it can get boring. Watching the opposition pile up a massive partnership isn't always all that much fun. Also, the view you get of the bowling is never as good as you get on TV.

All that having been said, it's still definitely worth going. When it's good, it's just amazing and you'll never forget it.
Yeah, nothing more boring in Test crickets than big scores being piled up.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Fortunately, the SCG has been giving out some cracking tests in the past few years so it's always enjoyable. I've stood around waiting for play during rain for 4 hours before. Just go to the bar and have a drink with mates.