• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner

Do you think he is good enought to be playing international cricket?

• Total voters

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Do you think he is good enough to be playing international cricket?

Last edited:

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
To me he looks really awkward when he is batting, always looking to cover drive and square cut at most Deliveries.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think he's a touch old these days, must be in his 60s but love him in Cross of Iron.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's more than good enough to play the only format he does for Australia. Anything else is a different question.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
To me he looks really awkward when he is batting, always looking to cover drive and square cut at most Deliveries.
Favours the legside tbh.

For me he is for 2020's, never ever will play test cricket and isn't that good of a one day batsmen at the moment either.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Warner naturally favours the off-side, very strong through point.

In longer forms of the game, he thrives on width; the "width predator" tag that James Brayshaw is very correct. He opens himself up in Twenty20 cricket to allow him a swinging arc when the ball is over the pegs.

I think he could quite definitely be a quality first class cricketer, if given a chance to bat as himself, and at number 5 or 6. That's where he's made to play in the longer forms of the game. He was seen as a super finisher in OD cricket as a youth, and I think he could possibly carve out a role like that in the future.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner naturally favours the off-side, very strong through point.

In longer forms of the game, he thrives on width; the "width predator" tag that James Brayshaw is very correct. He opens himself up in Twenty20 cricket to allow him a swinging arc when the ball is over the pegs.

I think he could quite definitely be a quality first class cricketer, if given a chance to bat as himself, and at number 5 or 6. That's where he's made to play in the longer forms of the game. He was seen as a super finisher in OD cricket as a youth, and I think he could possibly carve out a role like that in the future.
Not that old yet is he Jack?

I imagine time's on his side in terms of development. Could see him being a very handy ODI player once he learns to play the right tempo for the situation. Can't say I've seen any of him in longer forms at all.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not that old yet is he Jack?

I imagine time's on his side in terms of development. Could see him being a very handy ODI player once he learns to play the right tempo for the situation. Can't say I've seen any of him in longer forms at all.
Turns 24 in October.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's a gun. I'm sure he'll become a mainstay in ODIs soon, and definitely belongs in Australia's T20 team.

Xuhaib

International Coach
rate him higher then Phil Hughes Aussies usually develop their talent will not be surprised if he becomes a test regular ones he learns more control.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Needs to break into a half-strength NSW line-up before the words Test Cricket are mentioned in the same breath as David Warner. Grinds my gears when Warner is on a rampage and the calls come as to why he isn't in the Test squad, some Australian commentators are the worst.

Great Twenty20 cricketer though, proven success at International, IPL and Big Bash levels. Will play ODI cricket again, hopefully as a lower order batsman.