• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bang A vs SA A vs WI A

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
David Miller for his sins has been called up for the full West Indies tour. Should make international debut next week.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What a rubbish bowling attack that SA has. I don't think SA would name any of them in a final XI to represent their country. WI A beat SA A twice when batting first, I'd like to see how they perform when they're chasing a target.
Indeed. So bad that wicket keeper Morne van Wyk was reduced to bowling in one of the games.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Looks like SA came good when it counted. A far cry from the current first team.

Last edited:

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It always leaves a slightly sour taste when the team that has clearly been the best in the tournament loses for the first time in the final, a bit like the Mumbai Indians in the IPL. Still, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I watched the entire match on the ATN Bangla and it was good viewing. The West Indies A pacers were awful and spanked around the park by the SA second string. Roussow was particularly beligerent and feasted on Pascal and Baker who bowled both sides of the wicket. It is clear that Pascal has pace and movement on his side but he has a lot to learn about the art of fast bowling. Tonge was accurate without being penetrative whislt Baker was just awful. He was bowling 80mph short or overpitched dross. If he is going to succeed he has to be incredibly accurate because he doesn't move the ball much and is not very quick either. At this stage he simply isn't up to it.

The spinners almost rescued the situation and Shillingford caused them all problems with turn and bounce. But even he was a little bit short in length at times and therefore wasn't as economical as he usually is. Khan looks a decent leggie who is slower through the air than he used to be. He definitely has some talent to work with.

The batsmen gave a very good account of themselves when chasing down a ridiculously large total and only came 5 runs short. Devon Smith came up with one of those crisp tons that makes you shake your head in despair at his failures at the highest level. Darren Bravo was simply sublime and head and shopulders above very other batsman in this series. He has so much time to play the ball and is so elegent through the off-side. Nash ran very well between the wickets but didn't quite have the power to take us home. Perhaps the biggest positive was Chadwick Walton displaying some serious power with the bat. His wicket keeping was absolutely superb as well (he is the only keeper in the Caribbean who is as good as Ramdin with the gloves).

All in all a very encouraging List A tour for West Indies A and I hope they carry on this form in the FC matches and the upcoming tour of England.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Good showing by the guys. Would have wanted more from Brown but nice to see Shillingford doing the business. Had doubts about Edwards but he's performed adequately. Hopefully he'll be able to get big scores in the 4 dayers.

shivfan

Banned
To me, the important thing is not the end result, but the fact that the guys played five matches and won four, which is a good winning percentage to develop....

Now, the important matches start - the two four-day unofficial Tests against Bangladesh. These are the matches we look at to see who are the contenders for the Test team. And young Darren Bravo has already signalled his intent, with a century on the first day's play. There was also a good 75 from captain Dowlin, opening the batting, and a useful 44 from Nash, to shake off the ring rust.

shivfan

Banned
Shilly continues to bowl well, taking a four-fer, as the WI skittle out the hosts for just 125....

Smith hit a half-century, and Edwards is unbeaten on 55 at stumps.

Beamer

Darren Bravo scored a century in the first innings as well, whilst Dowlin hit a solid half century. Hopefully Edwards goes on to get a hundred and Bravo scores some more runs to up his FC average to 40.

This tour really has been great for our cricket, I can't wait to watch the A team play in the UK.

shivfan

Banned
Yeah, I wonder where in England the A team will be....

Pity, but once again Edwards failed to push on to three figures. Bravo hit a useful 37, and Nash was 27 not out, giving him a 61 average for the match.

Brown has taken three wickets so far, and Tonge two, to have bangladesh reeling at 233-7, 'chasing' a target of 430 to win. Good ton by Nafees, but no other support from the rest of the batsmen.

Gowza

U19 12th Man
s.shuvo with a 6-fer and a half century, would like him to get a decent run in the national team as the 2nd spinner over razzak and enamul haque jr.

Gowza

U19 12th Man
naeem should be played as a batsman not an allrounder/bowler. shuvo can be played as a bowler, plus haque jr has done nothing for years and razzak is a poor choice for longer versions.

Beamer

West Indies A are 230/7 at the end of day 1

Brendan Nash is 74 not out, Chadwick Walton made 70 (fantastic to see him making runs in spinner friendly conditions). Shuvo was once again amongst the wickets with his left arm darts, taking 4/81.

Interestingly there is no place in the West Indies lineup for Darren Bravo or Devon Smith. Could this mean they are on their way back to the Caribbean early to take their places in the squad for the 3rd and 4th ODI's? Equally it could simply mean they are playing a much weaker lineup to give some other players a go.

shivfan

Banned
Interesting theory, Beamer....

I would've thought the latter, but with the way the WIndies are batting so poorly against the Saffers, it could well be the former.

Beamer

Nash hit 99 not out in the first innings, and he's 32 not out in the second....

Shiv Part II, anyone?
:laugh:
:laugh: We need a hell of a lot more Shiv's tbh. I am so pleased Nashy has found his calling in the West Indies and is making a real difference.

His approach to cricket is refreshing and will hopfeully rub off on the players like Bravo, Walton and Edwards who have been having some long batting partnerships with him.