• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

who will be new zealands test seamers ?

vandem

International 12th Man
...Matheison was injured for a good part of last season, so tahat basically explains him. Not to sure about Verma though, however he was in the squad for one of the early season FC games last year. I'm guessing Bradburn just wanted to stay loyal towards the older guys (Bradley Scott mostly) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone come next season either....
Also a team balance thing. It appears that Bradburn wanted to lengthen the batting lineup, so Yovich / McGlashan batted at #7 / #8. Add in the reliable Aldridge and Arnel, and this left a place for only one more bowler. With due respect to Joey, he has the odd expensive day, so for team balance the extra bowler needed to be a steady / workhorse type. Step forward Bradley Scott or Bruce Martin. No space for Davis / Verma etc.

In 2011 I'd prefer to see McGlashan / Yovich at #6 / #7. Aldridge is a good enough all-rounder to bat at #8. Then Arnel + young fast bowler + spinner (have we seen the last of Bruce Martin?).

SmityNZ

Cricket Spectator
You're correct there then. I withdraw my Verma speed comment.
You shouldn't - no way in a month of Sundays, even if those Sundays see him bowling downwind with a rocket up his backside, is Verma in the 140s. He'd be early 130s, if anything.

Flem274*

123/5
Assuming the Black Caps stay as is (hahahahaha), for ND I'd like to see:

Wilson
Devcich
Williamson
Marshall
Flynn
McGlashan
Yovich
Scott/Aldridge
Boult
Bowler
Bowler

Basically looking at two of Matheison, Verma, Davis and Martin in those last two spots. It would be nice to see these new faces so we can see what they can do. Give them a good run and figure out who has it in them to be a good bowler.

This is all assuming Arnel and Southee don't ride the NZ roundabout and Williamson doesn't get picked for the Black Caps. If Williamson goes, I'd start stacking that batting.

Looks like we'll be seeing some new faces in CDs bowling next season. Thompson is gone, leaving Mason as the only sure pick (and he doesn't have much longer either). There's lots of options around across the formats. In no particular order:

Mitchell McClenaghan
Adam Milne
Seth Rance
Jeremy Kuru
Ben Wheeler
Bevan Small
Brendon Diamanti
Doug Bracewell
Kieran-Noema Barnett

I don't think I've forgotten anyone.

Flem274*

123/5
You shouldn't - no way in a month of Sundays, even if those Sundays see him bowling downwind with a rocket up his backside, is Verma in the 140s. He'd be early 130s, if anything.
Really? He was speedgunned in a reliable setting, which swayed me.

Definitely three years ago he was military medium, but that might have changed now.

Judging by Jimmehs comments, he probably lies somewhere in between. Mid to high 130s I'm guessing.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
With these speedball competitions - do they have to pitch the ball on the wicket? Can imagine guys hurling it down with about 4 keepers spread behind the wicket anticipating where the young guys are going to spray the ball as they search for top speed.