• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposed Changes to the Laws

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, that's the one that andy linked to. The principle is the same though, where the last contact with the ground was over the line.

By the law that I'd like to see implemented, Hussey was best off leaving it and ensuring that the ball did not go for six.
So then in Hussey's case, would it have been six runs for the batting team?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, because his last contact with the ground when he touched the ball was from outside of the boundary.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Whether you agree or not with that Angelo Mathews fielding to prevent it being a 6... how ****ing amazing was it!
It was awesome athleticism.. But tbh, it went against the spirit of the game for me.. Basically, you are asking boundary riders to hang back and go outside the rope even if the ball clears the rope by say 10 yards, leap up, put it back into play and even run in and catch it sometimes... As I said, it goes against a pretty big aspect of the game, which is clearing the ropes. Once you do that, it has to be six and once the fielder steps outside the rope, and then clears the ball back into play, that should be six automatically.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There would be quite a few grounds where that is not possible.
well, yeah but you surely can't leave it to each ground completely.. I mean the 60 yard boundaries at Bangalore were a a real joke, during this IPL.. I think for T20s especially, you need to standardize boundaries to be between 70 - 80 yards.. Any further either way makes the game a bit of a joke, tbh, IMO..