• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When Sachin met his oldest fan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I assumed this was him meeting Bradman. That was a great moment.

Hope the old lady gave him some tips about how Sachin should organise his batting order in T20 games.

Sir Alex

Banned
Sachin offers help to injured former teammate: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

Dalbir Singh Gill, a former cricketer who played with Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar at Under-17 level, would undergo a hip replacement surgery in a private hospital in Ahmedabad on Wednesday. But what makes this operation more special for him is that Sachin is bearing the cost of it.

Then a promising all-rounder, Dalbir had met with a road accident in 2002. He suffered major injuries to his legs and also suffered mental trauma. One accident and his life came to a screeching halt while others raced away.

It was the time when both, Dalbir and Sachin, dreamt of making it to the Indian team. They would practise together, share a room and even play pranks together. Time changed and one of them eventually became the God of Cricket.

But fame and recognition has not blurred those memories of friendship for Sachin. He remembers everything. A man who is not only known for his exploits on the field but who is also known as friend of friends.

When Sachin came to know about his friend's condition he stepped in to give him a new lease of life. He took it upon himself to get his friend's life back on track.

Dalbir met with an accident when his motorcycle collided with a tanker. He was in coma for eight months. He suffered multiple brain injuries and lost the power to walk. Now to get him back on his feet, Dalbir would undergo a surgery to replace his damaged hip balls and the Rs 6 lakh expense would be borne by Sachin.

In an SMS to Headlines Today, Sachin said, "I would be very happy if god gives him another chance n reason to smile in life. I hope it works."

The Master Blaster said he has sent Dalbir's report to BCCI's medical advisor Dr Anant Joshi. "I have sent his reports to Dr Joshi and he will get back to me soon. We will be on top of this now and sort it out asap," Sachin said.

Dalbir has gone through hell, but as the saying goes, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. That light has come in the form of Sachin.

SaeedAnwar

U19 Debutant
Sachin offers help to injured former teammate: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

Dalbir Singh Gill, a former cricketer who played with Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar at Under-17 level, would undergo a hip replacement surgery in a private hospital in Ahmedabad on Wednesday. But what makes this operation more special for him is that Sachin is bearing the cost of it.

Then a promising all-rounder, Dalbir had met with a road accident in 2002. He suffered major injuries to his legs and also suffered mental trauma. One accident and his life came to a screeching halt while others raced away.

It was the time when both, Dalbir and Sachin, dreamt of making it to the Indian team. They would practise together, share a room and even play pranks together. Time changed and one of them eventually became the God of Cricket.

But fame and recognition has not blurred those memories of friendship for Sachin. He remembers everything. A man who is not only known for his exploits on the field but who is also known as friend of friends.

When Sachin came to know about his friend's condition he stepped in to give him a new lease of life. He took it upon himself to get his friend's life back on track.

Dalbir met with an accident when his motorcycle collided with a tanker. He was in coma for eight months. He suffered multiple brain injuries and lost the power to walk. Now to get him back on his feet, Dalbir would undergo a surgery to replace his damaged hip balls and the Rs 6 lakh expense would be borne by Sachin.

In an SMS to Headlines Today, Sachin said, "I would be very happy if god gives him another chance n reason to smile in life. I hope it works."

The Master Blaster said he has sent Dalbir's report to BCCI's medical advisor Dr Anant Joshi. "I have sent his reports to Dr Joshi and he will get back to me soon. We will be on top of this now and sort it out asap," Sachin said.

Dalbir has gone through hell, but as the saying goes, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. That light has come in the form of Sachin.
what people wouldn't give to live Sachin's life. From Rags to Riches, from being nothing to being an absolute world famous legend. He must have so many memories of all the things that have happend to him in his life. I am gald he remains humble after all this...

Sir Alex

Banned
what people wouldn't give to live Sachin's life. From Rags to Riches, from being nothing to being an absolute world famous legend. He must have so many memories of all the things that have happend to him in his life. I am gald he remains humble after all this...
Not exactly "rags" to riches. But I get the point.