• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowler survival round 2

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Results from Groups A and B

Group A

1.26 - Glenn McGrath
1.81 - Fred Trueman
3.44 - Frank Tyson
3.48 - Dale Steyn

Literally one positional vote was the difference between Steyn and Tyson. Tyson was voted at 4 more than Steyn, but the two people who voted him #2 (fredfertang and marc71178) lifted his vote just enough to get him in.

Group B

1.85 - Dennis Lillee
2.04 - Sydney Barnes
2.67 - Wasim Akram
3.44 - Michael Holding

Holding is almost certain to get a wildcard back in for round 3. Very unlucky there. He'll probably go to the wildcard round as the top seed as well.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Group C -

1 - Richard Hadlee
2 - Allan Donald
3 - Keith Miller
4 - Courtney Walsh

Group D -

1 - Waqar Younis
2 - Ray Lindwall
3 - Wes Hall
4 - Harold Larwood

Having voted for all the rounds thus far, I believe this methodology is not as effective as the bowlers' ranking that we did for CW. Still loving it, and think it's great fun. Keep it up, mate. And yeah, may Hadlee win all the way. Remember in CW ranking, he finished after Marshall and McGrath (and Barnes also? I don't remember)...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hadlee
Donald
Walsh
Miller

Larwood
Waqar
Lindwall
Hall

Larwood's test record doesn't look great in and of itself and notwithstanding the old excuses/arseholes adage, it is worth taking a gander at his FC record and bearing in mind he did spend a fair portion of his test career bowling at Bradman in his absolute pomp.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite his late rally, I'm surprised at the lack of time some people have for Larwood.

Fredfertang once did an excellent statistical analysis of Lol's bowling career which makes a pretty good case for him being one of the very best of all fast bowlers. Lest we forget, his Test record was somewhat hampered by bowling at the best batsman of all time, to say nothing of the remainder of the Australian batting line-up of that era.

Himannv

International Coach
Group D has a lot of my favourites in there. Very unlucky for Hall to be in that list.

Group C

Donald
Hadlee
Miller
Walsh

Group D

Larwood
Lindwall
Waqar
Hall

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Just checking. I'm not sure Hall was from the top drawer, but Lindwall, Larwood and Waqar certainly were... - IMHO.