• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowler survival round 2

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Glenn McGrath
Fred Trueman
Frank Tyson
Dale Steyn

Michael Holding
Dennis Lillee
Sydney Barnes
Wasim Akram

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This.

This is impossible, I think I may stop taking part.
I am hoping you are kidding :)

I appreciate everyone's votes so far. This has turned out to be a very interesting way of looking at bowlers. One thing that we have to remember is that at this stage, with over a hundred years of cricket history, we are narrowing down the top 24 bowlers into the top 18. Of course there are some brilliant bowlers who are going to miss out. Any who do are going to get a second shot, so you can take comfort in that :).

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Group A
Glenn McGrath
Fred Trueman
Frank Tyson
Dale Steyn

Group B
SF Barnes
Dennis Lillee
Wasim Akram
Michael Holding

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Group A
Glenn McGrath
Fred Trueman
Dale Steyn
Frank Tyson

Group B
Dennis Lillee
SF Barnes
Wasim Akram
Michael Holding

LMFAO - unbelievable - Wasim and Holding 3 and 4. This is a ridiculously hard competition.

stephen

LMFAO - unbelievable - Wasim and Holding 3 and 4. This is a ridiculously hard competition.
Yeah, the RNG has not been kind to some of the bowlers so far. Still, I imagine that the loser from this group will be one of the two picked up as a wildcard entry.

I'd place all four of these guys in my top 10 fast bowlers of all time. Probably.

andyc

Group A
Glenn McGrath
Fred Trueman
Dale Steyn
Frank Tyson

Group B
SF Barnes
Dennis Lillee
Wasim Akram
Michael Holding

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah, the RNG has not been kind to some of the bowlers so far. Still, I imagine that the loser from this group will be one of the two picked up as a wildcard entry.
Are you going to seed the third round? Think you have enough data to seed that

edit: ugh, have to choose 2 from Roberts, Lohmann, Holding as wild cards... :(

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
A surprising amount of agreement here - quite a few people have gone for the same picks as me.

Tyson and Holding are history, the clowns

stephen

Alright, I'm going to cut this one a little short.

My votes:

A

McGrath
Trueman
Steyn
Tyson

B

Lillee
Akram
Barnes
Holding

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hadlee
Donald
Walsh
Miller

Waqar
Lindwall
Hall
Larwood

Larwood somewhat outclassed in the company of many of the bowlers in this draft, IMO. He was fast, accurate, and big hearted, a very good bowler in fact, but a clear last out of that quartet, again IMHO.

Last edited: