• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would be the most threatning team...

The best team on their day???

• Total voters

slowfinger

International Debutant
If all the players were on their peak performance, team chemistry was good and morale was good also.

Himannv

International Coach
I think sub continent teams in general can be devastating when they fire to the best of their ability. Most of the others more or less play at their peak.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hypothetically, probably India or Pakistan, although I think it would actually be very close. Australia and South Africa would be up there, but would lose their primary advantage over the rest in that they have developed teams that more consistently produce close to their best, have good team chemistry and have good morale.

Teja.

Global Moderator
If Sachin is in his late nineties form and Dravid in his early 00s form, hard to go past India for mine.

Xuhaib

International Coach
90's Pakistan playing at their best would be an all timer the current one even at full capabilities would be a rung below top class too many average cricketers in there.Currently I think Australia.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hard to say.

India and SAF speak for themselves, but even Australia looks pretty powerful. A middle order of Ponting, Clarke/Hussey in top form (think 2005-6 Ashes) is pretty damn good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah for mine its South Africa, then Australia, then India.

I think this Indian team is a lot more gelled and professional than people realise. Talent alone isn't carrying them through like it used to.

Always tough to try and make "professionalism" and "morale" a tangible thing though. Very hard to prove.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah the Indian team has to be gelling/professional/high morale etc. It's impossible to succeed without them.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
When India's bowlers get it right, they're the toughest to beat IMO. It seems to really lift their batsmen, who are usually class anyways, to another level. I hate it when they're that good as it's the only time as an Aussie fan that I feel we can't beat them.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah for mine its South Africa, then Australia, then India.

I think this Indian team is a lot more gelled and professional than people realise. Talent alone isn't carrying them through like it used to.

Always tough to try and make "professionalism" and "morale" a tangible thing though. Very hard to prove.
I think they definitely are much moreso in recent times - and it's no coincidence that it's coincided with their rise to #1.

Sir Alex

Banned
When just AA decided to peak, we won an overseas test in Aus. :)

2001 too was basically Bhajji, Laxman show aided by Dravid and Sachin.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah no doubt India's peaks are amazing.

But South Africa's peaks are downright destructive.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also important to remember that by the criteria of the opening post, we must assume that South Africa won't choke like they normally do.

Imagine how good they'd be then :ph34r:

slowfinger

International Debutant
How about this for 'team at their best', which wasnt really true, but today Pak got a good score and is this the first time that they have made 120/130+ without losing a single wicket?