• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What Happens if i wina bid for two players and both are equal?

Do we get a choice?
If you want a choice, then why would you bid equal for the two of them? ...defies logic...

I think in such a case (if you bid equal for two players, and that bid wins in both cases), a random allocation can be made (or the name you mention first in your mail, something like that)...that'll be more logical because both are equal to you.

And if you really want a choice between two almost equal players, then keep a slight difference between the two bids...

I hope I'm right, marc?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm not sure if it's ever happened to be honest, but I suspect I'd go in order named (or if they're placed alphabetically I'd look at competition for the player and decide it based on who's most wanted) - in the unlikely event that it happens, I'll remain consistent though - 4 still to submit by the way.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, still waiting on:

Nnanden
G.I.Joe
biased indian
zinzan12
Sorry I didn't participate in the test draft, so don't know this rule. What happens when someone doesn't submit within time? Does he get the remaining player and play the highest amount of that round? That'll be logical, I guess.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, that is the rule - hopefully we won't have to invoke it this early though, and as a couple of these didn't get involved last time, it may be a timezone issue...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually going to use some discretion for the new players to give them a bit extra time to put their bids in - I know it goes against the deadline and all that but on the balance of things I think it's the best thing for the draft as a whole (also looking at my commitments coming up it's not going to delay the next round)

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Good move marc. It will kill the contest too early if members drop out first round, we don't want to make it to the final round with 6 drafters left.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry, Marc & guys, but best I sit-out from this draft after all, am not going to have much spare time in the next couple of weeks...apologies for any inconvenience

Himannv

International Coach
Maybe drop a message to those who haven't mailed so that they see it as soon as they're on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've done that, and chased them all by email but not received anything as yet - at a bit of a loss as to what to do to be honest.

Admittedly GI and BI haven't been on in the last 2 days, but how long should I wait?