• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well there's one reason why it's not going to start just yet - I'm in charge! ;)

Seriously though, there's going to be all time greats who don't get nominated, and there's going to be some real muppets who do (simply because of the dirty tricks some people like to play)

Looking at the entrants so far, there's a few more I'm expecting to enter, so definitely not going to move things along too soon.
this won't happen this time, I'm sure...(unless your definition of all-time greats is different from mine)...

and yeah, muppets are sure to get nominated, even if people don't play dirty tricks (more so if they do, which is likely) :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Final call for any late entrants - I aim to set this off tomorrow or Saturday but anyone still interested is more than welcome.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No late entries, so we only have the 13:

Nnanden
Himannv
weldone
Pskov
Noble One
Pothas
biased indian
Blakus
zinzan12
honestbharani
Cevno
Somerset
G.I. Joe

We had 11 different players nominated, one player twice, and one person didn't nominate - hence I've added 2 to the list meaning the players available for drafting are as follows:

A Agarkar
C Cairns
E Chatfield
MS Dhoni
A Flintoff
A Gilchrist
J Gillespie
I Harvey
Imran Khan
N Knight
S Pollock
J Rhodes
Wasim Akram

What you need to do now is place bids for the players by email. You don't have to place bids for all of them, but bear in mind that if you don't have any successful bids, then you will end up with whoever is left and will pay the highest price bid for any other player (so if someone bids $1.5m, that's what you'll pay for the remaining player) - so it makes sense to put some sort of bid in for every player!

Also in your email, can I have a nomination for round 2.

Good luck all, and the deadline is 7pm GMT on Tuesday 11th.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
4 days and as before all rounds will be 3 or 4 days to allow people enough time to think before acting.

Got to consider that someone like BI has problems getting online at the weekend IIRC.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
mail sent for round 1 bids and round 2 nomination mate. get back to me in case you don't receive it, or any other issue(s).

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
No dud players for Round 1. All-rounders the players in demand.

Hope all 13 people involved stick it out. Some teams got lucky last time, only due to non bids in some rounds.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
No dud players for Round 1. All-rounders the players in demand.

Hope all 13 people involved stick it out. Some teams got lucky last time, only due to non bids in some rounds.
a good mix of players for the 1st round...some absolute all-time champions, some very good odi players, and some relatively underdogs...but no duds, true...

i hope 13 drafters submit quickly so that the thread gets some pace...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Received so far:

Himannv
weldone
Noble One
Pothas
Blakus
Somerset
honestbharani
Cevno

Still waiting for:

Nnanden
Pskov
G.I.Joe
biased indian
zinzan12

pskov

International 12th Man
Just going to send mine in now, but I can't seem to see where the budget is listed. Is it still $10m?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
What Happens if i wina bid for two players and both are equal?

Do we get a choice?