• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
As I said earlier, total free for all for me. Gives everyone the option of building their squad the way they see fit. Since its for ODI's, there are far less options when compared to Tests so lets give everyone a chance to build their teams the way they want to with more strategic choices.

EDIT: Doesn't matter much about the rules. Lets just start :D
echoed

pskov

International 12th Man
Total free for all. I suspect quite a few keepers will get nominated in the first round anyway, both due to some of the finest ODI players ever being keepers and some people just wanting to get one out of the way first up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Competition open

Right then, as the original is now complete, it's time to start the ODI one.

To join, you need to send an email to cwauctiondraft@googlemail.com.

In this email I will need your first nominated player.

We will have a 13 man squad (to allow some flexibility over the squad selected) and it will be a complete free for all, the only criteria being that the player must have played an ODI.

Entries will be open for at least 3 days, and there is no limit on the number who can enter - I will periodically update to say who's in so far.

Good luck all, here's hoping it's as fun as the original!

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Right then, as the original is now complete, it's time to start the ODI one.

To join, you need to send an email to cwauctiondraft@googlemail.com.

In this email I will need your first nominated player.

We will have a 13 man squad (to allow some flexibility over the squad selected) and it will be a complete free for all, the only criteria being that the player must have played an ODI.

Entries will be open for at least 3 days, and there is no limit on the number who can enter - I will periodically update to say who's in so far.

Good luck all, here's hoping it's as fun as the original!
sent...

How much will be the total budget this time? (for 13 players)

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Changed my nomination and sent a blank email as well lol. Hope you got the right one marc.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
11 in so far:

Nnanden
Himannv
weldone
Pskov
Noble One
Pothas
biased indian
Blakus
zinzan12
honestbharani
Cevno

1 duplicate player, and 2 forgot to nominate one (Nnanden and honestbharani)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
11 in so far:

Nnanden
Himannv
weldone
Pskov
Noble One
Pothas
biased indian
Blakus
zinzan12
honestbharani
Cevno
hmmm...11 drafters so far...that means (11*13)=143 ODI players getting selected. A handful of drafters more, and we could see Tapash Baisya captaining one of the sides...
:wacko:

On a serious note, marc please confirm the total bidding amount per drafter (for 13 players). Otherwise, it might create some confusion during the first bidding.

I propose USD 13,000,000 (USD 13 million) if everyone is OK with it.

Note: The final bidding amount, as confirmed by marc below, is $15m ...

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It'll be $15m - the number is in effect irrelevant but need to show that ODI's make more money than Tests!

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There are 2 reasons I want this to start as soon as possible -

1. As I have mentioned earlier, we have already touched 143 players. We might touch 200 players very soon. And ODI history not being as long and rich as test history (almost one-third as long), we might encounter some rounds devoid of any decent players. And some drafters might lose interest at that point (not me, obviously :P ).

2. I can't wait any more! Bring it on! :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well there's one reason why it's not going to start just yet - I'm in charge! ;)

Seriously though, there's going to be all time greats who don't get nominated, and there's going to be some real muppets who do (simply because of the dirty tricks some people like to play)

Looking at the entrants so far, there's a few more I'm expecting to enter, so definitely not going to move things along too soon.