• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction draft II - ODI

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
1. Graeme Smith (149 ODI, 5613 Runs @ 40.67)
2. Stephen Fleming (280 ODI, 8037 Runs @ 32.40)
6. Brendan McCullum (171 ODI, 3569 Runs @ 29.01, 189 Ctch, 13 Stmp)
7. Lance Klusener (171 ODI, 3576 Runs @ 41.10, 192 Wickets @ 29.95)
8. Imran Khan (175 ODI, 3709 Runs @ 33.41, 182 Wickets @ 26.61)
9. Ian Harvey (73 ODI, 715 Runs @ 17.87, 85 Wickets @ 30.31)

pskov

International 12th Man
Which OT did you go to today Marc? Was it for the Soccer Aid game?

Once again, picked up a good player in Willis for a reasonable price. McCullum was my nomination but obviously someone wanted him just a little bit more, which is a shame as he is a pretty good option to keep and open so would've hit birds with one stone for me.

Lara
Kanhai
Kemp
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Musthaq
Willis

Liking my bowling attack at the moment. One more good seamer and then probably a batsman who can bowl will fill it out very nicely. So just my luck that three of the greatest pace bowlers of all time are in this round. :)

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The Cricket one yesterday.

Following it up with Stockport beer festival and a curry meant that there was no way I was moving till mid-late afternoon!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Given he never really excelled in limited overs cricket for England, perhaps a bit disappointing to get Vaughan; though I suppose I could've been stuck with Modi or Utseya...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Got the drinks bearer for my team (12th or 13th man). And I'm paying enough for him to buy some bubble gums and sit & enjoy watching my 11 greats on the field.

Team so far:

Sanath Jayasuriya
Gary Kirsten
Mark Boucher
Shaun Pollock
Anil Kumble

Drinks bearers:
Prosper Utseya

Himannv

International Coach
Quite happy to get Roberts. One of the better choices available in that round for sure. Averaged 20.35 with the ball at 35.8 with an economy of only 3.40. Plus he's got that mean streak and the experience to get at batsmen if he needs to.

Team so far:

2. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Jonty Rhodes
6. Robin Singh
7. Shakib al Hasan
10. Andy Roberts
11. Muthiah Muralitharan

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Team so far:

-
-
Ricky Ponting (c) - 12895 runs @ 43.12 @ SR 80.1 - 148 Catches
AB De Villiers (wk) - 3603 runs @ 44 @ 89 SR - 63 Catches (Protea keepers don get many stumpings ;) )
-
-
-
Paul Strang - 1090 runs - 22 batting avg - 66 batting SR - 30 catches - 96 wkts - 33 bwlg avg - 4.36 ER
Richard Hadlee - 1751 runs @ 22 @ SR of 76 - 158 wkts @ 21 w/ ER of 3.3 - 27 catches
Jason Gillespie - 289 runs @ 13 @ SR of 79 - 152 wkts @ 25 w/ ER of 4.2 - 10 catches
Ray Price - 73 wkts @ 35 @ 3.88 ER

Stunning ER for Ray Price, it has to be said... Really happy to have him over there.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Stunning ER for Ray Price, it has to be said... Really happy to have him over there.
It's 4.07 against non-minnows. Not stunning, given the small no. of matches he's played. But that ER is good, and his strike rate much more than offsets that (hence an average in the upper 30's).

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Pretty pleased with Sehwag there. Its a pretty good looking top 3 now, and quick scorers all the way down.

Virender Sehwag (RHB, 34.25 @ 103.51, ROB, 41.45 @ 47)
Shane Watson (RHB, 40.64 @ 84.29, RFM, 27.87 @ 34.4)
Vivian Richards (RHB, 47 @ 90.20, RAS, 35.83 @ 47.80)
Chris Cairns (RHB, 29.46 @ 84.26, RFM, 32.80 @ 40.6)
Brett Lee (RHB, 16.30 @ 80.44, RF, 23 @ 29.2)
Roger Harper (RHB, 16.13 @ 73.58, ROB, 34.31 @ 51.7)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Roger Harper is the only weak player so far in that lineup (especially if he's expected to bowl 7-10 overs).

Himannv

International Coach
Everyone's got one or two players who aren't great. I think Noble One has a fairly good team so far and I dont think he's spent too much either. Somerset's team would be the best except for the cost factor.

I think Cevno has a decent amount of money remaining and a decent team as well although I'm not that convinced by Amarnath as he is lol.

Pothas would have a pretty good team except for Patel.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I'm yet to pick up a poor player, but I have gone slightly hard early with my bids.

The format allows you to go extra hard for suitable players, as you can pick up two poor players on the cheap and place them in reserves.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Well Modi isn't exactly the best player going around, but the low cost I payed for him alleviates most of my budget concerns. Can,t complain really.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone's got one or two players who aren't great. I think Noble One has a fairly good team so far and I dont think he's spent too much either. Somerset's team would be the best except for the cost factor.

I think Cevno has a decent amount of money remaining and a decent team as well although I'm not that convinced by Amarnath as he is lol.

Pothas would have a pretty good team except for Patel.
I don't have a poor player in my team, and won't have one in the future either (except the 2 reserves).

I made that comment about Roger Harper because because apparently Joe is going to keep him in the playing XI.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Must say, the people pickung up the cheap rubbish now are the one's in most danger of ending up with more than 2 of that sort in their side.

As are the one's who've spent big...

Himannv

International Coach
I don't have a poor player in my team, and won't have one in the future either (except the 2 reserves).

I made that comment about Roger Harper because because apparently Joe is going to keep him in the playing XI.
Joe may get a better player than him later on and that would relegate him to the reserves bench.

I think marc is talking about me :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, Himmanv's right. That's the plan, hopefully. Funny thing is that I already have 5 bowlers without even trying. Could just pack the side with batsmen now :p