• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Name on a World XI team sheet

Matt79

Global Moderator
Tests - a bit tricky actually IMO. Probably Sehwag, ahead of Steyn and Watson.
ODIs - Dhoni, ahead of Watson.
T20s - have repeatedly demonstrated that I don't follow it enough to have an informed opinion.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would take Steyn myself for tests, he is fulfills the most important role in the side and is quite clearly the best in the world. Sehwag and Sachin probably my second and third, maybe Johnson as well. They would be my first 4 picks.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tests - Kallis.
ODIs - Dhoni.
T20s - Pollard wouldn't be a bad shout, IMO.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Pollard? Bowls pies with the ball and is a major International dud with the bat; has a lower batting average in T20i's than Luke Wright ffs. Don't get why Pollard's rated so highly, a few OK innings on very flat pitches and he's suddenly the first name on the team sheet in T20 cricket? =/ Even Yusuf Pathan's done it on a more regular basis than Keiron Pollard. Pollard's basically Napier without the bowling.

Tests: Dale Steyn
ODi's: Dhoni/Watson
T20i's: Gul/Vettori

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pollard? Bowls pies with the ball and is a major International dud with the bat; has a lower batting average in T20i's than Luke Wright ffs. Don't get why Pollard's rated so highly, a few OK innings on very flat pitches and he's suddenly the first name on the team sheet in T20 cricket? =/ Even Yusuf Pathan's done it on a more regular basis than Keiron Pollard. Pollard's basically Napier without the bowling.

Tests: Dale Steyn
ODi's: Dhoni/Watson
T20i's: Gul/Vettori
Fair enough, I haven't watched enough T20Is or T20s from other leagues to have an opinion on this really. I was just throwing his name out there.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah I can see Pollard not even being the first name on the West India T20I team sheet. Gayle and Bravo would probably be the first IMO. Then the likes of Pollard, Chanders and Taylor.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Would take Steyn myself for tests, he is fulfills the most important role in the side and is quite clearly the best in the world. Sehwag and Sachin probably my second and third, maybe Johnson as well. They would be my first 4 picks.
This, although with a big question mark over Mitch.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I reckon Johnson may not even make it Asif and Dougeh will be my choices along with Steyn.

Thirdman1

Banned
I reckon Johnson may not even make it Asif and Dougeh will be my choices along with Steyn.
When Asif single-handedly wins a test series against any of the top 3 sides( IND,OZ,SA) without taking drugs like Johnson did in SA then he will be under consideration. Have you checked the ODI, test record of Johnson in last 2 years? Best fast bowler

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah I can see Pollard not even being the first name on the West India T20I team sheet. Gayle and Bravo would probably be the first IMO. Then the likes of Pollard, Chanders and Taylor.
Hmm, hence why Mumbai played Pollard over Bravo?

Pollard consistently pulls out innings' of importance with limited time left, and whilst looking innocuous, is a smart bowler.