• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes or the World Cup?

Attraction of 2010-11

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
WC since NZ actually competes. Pretty close though but I find it hard to support this English team and very difficult to support any Australian team.

pasag

RTDAS
Losing to England in Australia would be truly heartbreaking. Honestly couldn't contemplate it.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Doubt Ill watch a single game of the WC. Im always excited about the Ashes and even more so that Ill be in roughly the same time zone this time and there is a small chance I could get out to Aus for a game or two.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Ashes has me pants-wettingly excited for months in advance. Prefer watching cricket broadcast from Australia too, for time zone reasons and also because I think it generally provides better cricket to watch.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Losing to England in Australia would be truly heartbreaking. Honestly couldn't contemplate it.
It really would be the best thing ever wouldn't it?

Never going to happen though so not even worth thinking about.

I will just enjoy our customery one fluke test match win, just like the last time we toured in 2002/2003 :)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ashes by a mile.

If it were the football world cup, though, then I would be quite torn.
Thought about that when I saw the thread title. England win the world cup or the Ashes in Australia? a tough one. Think the ashes would mean more to me personally though, have a somewhat difficult relationship with our football team.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
ODI WC obviously, as always.

More so this time as after a long time there'll be no champion team in the Ashes. A test series between a moderate and a good test team, that's it. Big deal! :P

vcs

Who do England host in the summer, and are Australia playing any Test cricket before the Ashes?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
World cup for sure.Major ICC trophies >>> bilateral contests....the exception being the joke that is the t20 WC.
To be fair the cricket in both T20 world cups has been top hole. It's the ICC's insistence on staging one every five minutes that tarnishes the comp.

Anyway, it's the Ashes for me. Real cricket, etc. Wouldn't swap a football world cup win for a win in Oz tho.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought about that when I saw the thread title. England win the world cup or the Ashes in Australia? a tough one. Think the ashes would mean more to me personally though, have a somewhat difficult relationship with our football team.
Frankly if we won the World Cup we'd be sick of hearing about it within a week, it's all we'd hear about for a decade, and people would still be banging on about it at regular intervals for the next half-century. And I don't know if I could live in a country where the likes of Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard get knighthoods.

vcs

None of the above is the correct answer. :ph34r:

SA vs. India and the battle for the No. 1 spot is where it's at. :ph34r: