• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Huge gap in FTP or Cricinfo error?

Sir Alex

Banned
Apparently according to cricinfo, the following are the tours till 2011. (Tests only)

WI hosting SA in May to June.

Eng hosting Pak vs Aus in July

Sl hosting New Zealand in July.

The Ashes in Aus, winter.

Which means, after Aug, none of India, Sri lanka, New Zealand, West Indies, South Africa have any tours planned till World Cup in Feb 11 which leaves a yawning gap of over 6 months in these countries' calendar. Further, Pakistan too don't have any tests after their series against Aus.

I find it quite inexplicable, and am inclined to blame cricINFO for not having updated their database. I always thought India were touring Sri LANKA and South Africa this year.

Pl feel free to correct me.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm darn sure the Test Series against SL in SL and SA this year end are confirmed, even though the cricinfo fixtures does not have them listed.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Pakistan was touring NZ in Nov/Dec, but we don't have a home series in Jan/Feb due to the World Cup.

Sir Alex

Banned
I'm darn sure the Test Series against SL in SL and SA this year end are confirmed, even though the cricinfo fixtures does not have them listed.
Well, I hope they do.

What about NZ, Pak, and Wi then? I'd love Ind to host two tests vs Nz as we haven't hosted them since 02 I think. Two against Sl in Aug-Sep followed by 2 against NZ in Oct followed by SA tour in Nov-Dec definitely couldn't hurt.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd support a huge gap in the FTP if only to allow us some time to purge CC while there's nothing going on.

cbuts

International Debutant
NZ is touring Bangladesh and India later in the year then Hosting Pakistan before the World Cup. Will be a hectic 4-5 months